Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work + Temp Work and Jobseekers HELP.

Options
  • 07-08-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I currently work part time ( 2 sometimes 3 days per week). I saw a local store was hiring for a temporary period. I applied, but now I am worried about the whole jobseekers claim being closed. If I got the job, could I 'pause' the jobseekers and not claim anything while the temp job was on, and when it would be finished, go back to claiming for 5 days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lilly112

Anybody?

Hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Yes, you can suspend your claim. Just let the welfare office know when you are starting work.

When you finish up, just present a letter or a P45 to say that you have finished work.

TheBody wrote: »
    Yes, you can suspend your claim. Just let the welfare office know when you are starting work.

When you finish up, just present a letter or a P45 to say that you have finished work.

Will I have to wait again 2months for a reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

lilly112 wrote: »
    Will I have to wait again 2months for a reply?

No, they will have your dole back up and running in a few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement