Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shop in Dublin for tropical fish?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

What do you think is the best shop in Dublin for tropical fish?

Was in Pet Palace on Parnell St 2 weeks ago. Guppies, tetras, swords all looked great. Came back this week and they all seemed to have fin rot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Only two options imo: Artane Aquatics on the North Side or Seahorse Aquariums out by the red cow.

Wouldn't trust anyone else. Seahorse have more space so would usually have a greater selection but Artane Aquatics are better priced and rotate their stock regularly, Gavin's got a great eye for interesting rarities and is a top bloke to boot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Thanks guys. Looks like Seahorse is the closest to me. I assume it's close enough to the Luas.

Only just got back into the hobby after a couple of years with coldwaters.
    Forgot how addictive it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Magenta wrote: »
    Forgot how addictive it is!

"Apply sinister voice + Steepled fingers"

Welcome home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

I have a lovely complete setup for sale if your interested, Vision 450, fish and all included at 550.

http://www.adverts.ie/6054219

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Mech1 wrote: »
    I have a lovely complete setup for sale if your interested, Vision 450, fish and all included at 550.

http://www.adverts.ie/6054219

Don't enable my habit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Magenta wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Looks like Seahorse is the closest to me. I assume it's close enough to the Luas.
    Yep, just a few minute's walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I have bought fish in Newlands Garden centre at Newlands cross and have had no issue with them. Seahorse is excellent.

Advertisement