Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage deposit

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone here got a loan approval with just a small deposit (5k) but with a gift of 7, permanent position with regular savings
    Is the deposit a big deal to AIB? I know it is with Bank of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi, just wondering if anyone here got a loan approval with just a small deposit (5k) but with a gift of 7, permanent position with regular savings
    Is the deposit a big deal to AIB? I know it is with Bank of Ireland

Big deal to them all. utlimately you will need to show the bank that you can cover stressed repayents on the mortgage. Most times this is shown by people paying rent and saving so the amount of these together monthly should be enough to cover the stressed repayment.

Really depends also how much you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭millionmystery

Stress test showed I had nearly 400 left after. Monthly Savings altogether so plus rent cover the monthly morgage repayment. Just wondering if anyone has applied and (been approved )for a morgage with a similar situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

Banks allow gifts for deposits, usually with a declaration signed by the giftor. They also want too see that you have enough funds to cover the associated costs like solicitor and stamp duty.

Is that €400 a month left after stress test? If it is, you are nowhere near the required level of disposable income required. If weekly, you have enough.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭millionmystery

SBarrett wrote: »
    Banks allow gifts for deposits, usually with a declaration signed by the giftor. They also want too see that you have enough funds to cover the associated costs like solicitor and stamp duty.

Is that €400 a month left after stress test? If it is, you are nowhere near the required level of disposable income required. If weekly, you have enough.

Steven

To anyone reading this in a similar situation (as I was) I did get mortgage approval!!! Just keep your savings regular and make sure your rent plus savings will more than cover your repayments. Leave money in your account at the end of the month also.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

Congratulations. Best of luck with your new home :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement