Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I move to the UK?

• 07-08-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am currently a stamp 4 visa holder and I have two kids both born in Ireland with citizenship. I'm looking to move to Wales for a fresh start and be with my best friend. Am I entitled to move there? I am American and been in Dublin the last 8 years with having the visa for the last 7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I suggest that you query the issuer of the visa regarding its rules when it comes to moving country within the EU. They are best placed to answer your question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

kknapp21 wrote: »
    I am currently a stamp 4 visa holder and I have two kids both born in Ireland with citizenship. I'm looking to move to Wales for a fresh start and be with my best friend. Am I entitled to move there? I am American and been in Dublin the last 8 years with having the visa for the last 7

If you have children with Irish citizenship then I'd imagine that you'd be entitled to Irish citizenship and therefore be able to freely travel and work within the EU. As Jack has said, check with your visa issuer or the UK embassy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Advertisement