Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counselling Advice

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I lost my son recently and as bad as we are his partner is not dealing with it well at all.

Whilst her parents are doing all to help her there is one problem my grandson he is only 4 and is starting to get angry. He has asked to stay with us in our house for a couple of days as he is very close to me and the wife. I know I am going to be grilled relentlesy over the next few days. I will be honest with him but can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere to get professional advise as to the best way to deal with the questions. Our Gp has shown himself to be next to useless.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry to hear that blurch

scroll down to the bottom section of the charter there are some organisations listed there that might be able to help you. There is no particular order to how they are listed so have a look through them all. Another option is to see another GP as well, someone maybe a friend or family have experience of.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057241741

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭doctorjohn

Make contact with Rainbows and see from there where and how you can get the help your grandson (and you) need.

Make sure that it is okay with your son's partner first.

http://www.rainbowsireland.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I'm sorry for your loss op. Fair play to you trying to help your grandson.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

have you a friendly compassionate priest friend? They can be of immense benefit, believe it or not.

Advertisement