Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

edit: an example of exactly what NOT to do if you get a ban

Options
  • 08-08-2014 12:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

I previously started a thread here about a biased mod who is partaking in discussion on a thread in the Games forum and is banning and infracting users who are opposing his stance.

After raising the issue previously on this forum that same mod proceeded to hand me a one month ban for this post that said:
    Well most EA games are work jack **** anyways after a year so I'll take a $30 payment instead of having to buy each game individually, but it's typical of the type of people in this thread that they don't even check out what a service is offering before lampooning it, all the details are up on their website already.

It's not something thats planned to be released, it's something thats already launched as I've the EA Access app sitting on my dashboard already as part of the dashboard review thing that MS do and it includes new releases, including getting to play games for 5 days before it's even launched on PS4, PC or whatever other platform.

And with that I'll leave you all to return to your PS4 circle jerk

There is nothing in that post that warrants a one month ban and it is the mod johnny_ultimate again being heavily biased against pro Xbox users in that thread.

There has been many posts since in that thread that are warranting of infractions and bans by pro PS4 users yet no action is taken on them.

Of course johnny_ultimate will come here and say he is unbiased and not pro PS4 and has no reason to be biased.

But of course he will also forget to mention that he games and is in voice chat with these same pro PS4 posters in that thread on a near daily basis (can happily get others to verify this).

In fact CMODS / Admins looking through the mod actions on that thread will see a very clear and biased pattern and no consistency in the modding of the thread in terms of his side of the argument being allowed to go unpunished.

The mod in question should:

a: not be modding that thread and
    b: reminded on how to actually mod a forum properly
    c: not be allowed to ban users who have raised issue with him on the feedback forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Did you try the Dispute Resolution process?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

wow.

"I posted something that insults a load of forum users and I was punished for it. I'm going to call that mod names in feedback"

User banned from feedback for 1 month , the same duration as the forum ban as per the feedback forum charter (I don't link it in my sig justbecause it looks cool!). If you want to question a ban , use the DRP just like everyone else. Don't be a dick and start mud-slinging in feedback to try and rouse public opinion against the mod for what, on the face of it, looks like them performing their role. 1 month *may* be harsh for that comment but I'm pretty sure there's more history to it than that or just the initial feedback thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement