Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with back to education allowance

Options
  • 08-08-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys. In relation to back to education allowance..I have been accepted onto a course - post leaving certificate level 2 starting in sept this year. I've been on JSA since end of april my days at work have been reduced to 2. One of conditions to qualify for BTEA is to have 78 days of unemployment before I start my course and I'll be having only 71. Anyone knows if there is a way around it? I'm 35 working for the last 12 years night time...I really want to go back studying. Haven't applied for the grant as its too late now. I also want to quit my job as soon as I start my course. Will that affect my payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

you can appeal, sorry thats all i can help u with.
    regarding the grant, will u be able to afford the fees for your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 flashback humour

Apply to Susi for the grant right away, they take applications after the closing date but it takes a lot longer for them to be processed.

Advertisement