Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Colourist in Cork City

Options
  • 08-08-2014 8:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭

I've been getting my hair highlighted for years now and at this stage it probably is a bit overprocessed with a large "block" of colour as opposed to subtle highlights.

I've been trying to tone it down, break up the colour and tried a new salon about 6 weeks ago during which visit the hairdresser discussed the colour and how she was going to use toner to make a start on breaking up the colour (not sure if I'm technically correct in how i'm describing this).

Anyway, I've had really bad regrowth since about week 3, that what I'd normally see around week 7 or 8.. For personal reasons I couldnt' get to the salon until this week and when I showed her the regrowth, which is very dark, I was advised that the hair grows faster in summer and it's totally normal.

I accept it grows faster but I've never seen regrowth like this. I have no intention of going back there now but I would love a recommendation for a really good colourist in Cork if anyone has one as I would really like to get it sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Hi,

I would assume that the regrowth is just your natural colour? Think of it as a good thing, because you can chop off the ends faster.

I had a similar enough issue, over processed, dry and damaged hair that was just terrible looking.

I started going to Artisan 2 in Donnybrook (I know that is the wrong side of the city for you) but they have been amazing. It is hard to believe that it is the same hair a year on. It is expensive, but I always get a treatment (makes such a difference) and I use the salon shampoo, which is Sebastian.

My advice is to go to the best place you can afford and get it treated, etc as much as you can. Makes a massive difference. I know that the salon shampoos seem ridiculously expensive (almost €30 for shampoo and conditioner for me) but it is highly concentrated. I have about a quarter left in each bottle and I think that I bought them last November. You only end up using a tiny bit. Prepare for the rage when someone uses it and mentions how long it took to rinse out though.

Best of luck with it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Thanks for all the info :)

I'll check out that Salon, I drive so no worries with the location really. Great to get a recommendation from someone with a similar hair history.

I normally get the large TIGI bottles or similar out of them at the moment but have a L'oreal shampoo and use an intensive conditioner. I try to wash my hair as little as possible (without being gross!) and don't use straighteners.

Thanks again!

I shampoo twice a week, so I know you are not gross! My hair is so dry and was so brittle it couldn't handle it anymore than twice a week anyway.

Honestly, do the treatments. I thought it was a pile of rubbish. The first few times it made no difference and suddenly it did. My hair was shiny after it for a few days, then a week and then a few weeks. Sounds like nothing, but seriously, my hair hadn't been shiny for years.

Martina was my saviour there. The minute I walked in, she didn't talk about how I would look leaving, she had a long term plan and it worked. I still have a way to go, but once I get rid of all of the damaged hair that I had before I went there, I have no doubt it will look good.

As for the straighteners, I have curly hair and if I used them it would take hours (after blow drying) and it was still a frizzy mess. Now, if I blow dry or (very rarely) use straighteners, it is straight and normal.

It sounds so stupid, but it has made a huge difference to my life. I am not vain, or self obsessed but touching soft, shiny hair is the best thing ever when it used to be like bloody straw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

No doesn't sound at all that way. It's just one less thing to have to worry about I think once you get it right.

Thanks for the names, I might call out over the weekend and see if they can do a consultation!

northgirl wrote: »
    No doesn't sound at all that way. It's just one less thing to have to worry about I think once you get it right.

Thanks for the names, I might call out over the weekend and see if they can do a consultation!

Hope it all goes well for you, wherever you end up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement