Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

track machine

• 08-08-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

was looking at a 2005 14 ton volvo track machine, tidy machine, are these reliable, worth buying or best to avoid, best price is €19000

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭kay 9

2time wrote: »
    was looking at a 2005 14 ton volvo track machine, tidy machine, are these reliable, worth buying or best to avoid, best price is €19000

What kind of hours on it? What's left in the tracks and chains etc? Nice machine but like everything else all depends on how it was looked after. Seems very good value for a 2005 machine. If you're not familiar with them get a keen lad to check it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭2time

6000 hrs, undercarriage around 60 per cent, 2 buckets, how did they stack up to hitachi jcb or komatsu

Personally I'd have a hitachi but I seen a hell of alot of volvos in the UK so that must stand for Smth. Volvo diesel engines are bullet proof. The rest is down to mechanical differences and there is nothing between them anymore. Only reason I have an Hitachi is primarily parts availability. 6k hours ain't much of it was serviced and looked after like they should be. Regular greasing is important. Check the pumps are smooth and the track motors are ok. Slew leaks are another nuisance, not a bad job but can be costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I see a lot of ads- undercarriage xx percent. what does this mean, and how is it measured?

I see a lot of ads- undercarriage xx percent. what does this mean, and how is it measured?

It's the approximate wear on the chains, sprockets, idlers and rollers. Expensive job too. On a 14 ton machine it be 1500 - 2k a side for the likes of berco gear. No real way to measure for it tbh. Check the chains and sprockets for wear and it's a good indication and how loose the pads on the chains are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭coyle21

are these as reliable as the hitachi's, it seems cheap this volvo maybe not that much sought after

Advertisement