Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LM050 Major options

Options
  • 08-08-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

HI All,

I am currently studying business with marketing and going into my final year in September.

Lately i have considered changing my major to economics and finance as i reckon this is a better fit for me. Can anyone tell me about the 4th year modules for this major for business for example a breakdown of what's involved and hints, tips and how difficult there are for a novice in economics.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

Hatch92 wrote: »
    HI All,

I am currently studying business with marketing and going into my final year in September.

Lately i have considered changing my major to economics and finance as i reckon this is a better fit for me. Can anyone tell me about the 4th year modules for this major for business for example a breakdown of what's involved and hints, tips and how difficult there are for a novice in economics.

Thanks

As far as I know you will have to go back to second year to begin the major from the start, this happened to a lad I know that switched from accounting to economics. Also picking up economics in 4th year would be extremely difficult as the jump from marketing to economics would be quite big they are extremely different subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I know someone who swapped from accounting to marketing at the end of the 3rd year.

You have to sit the pre-request modules for the major option before you can progress to 4th year if swapping major. Keep in mind that some of the modules will only run in semester 1 or semester 2.
    As a result, even though you'll probably have ~6 modules to take, you'll need to add an extra year to your degree to do the new modules before you can enter 4th year.

You'll need to discuss this with the course director as soon as possible if you plan on changing for the start of the coming semester

Advertisement