Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certain Celebrities Treated Differently by Paparazzi

Options
  • 08-08-2014 10:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is there a reason why celebrities like Justin Beiber, the 1D lads and Kanye West get harassed a lot more than the likes of John Travolta, or David Bowie? Whenever I've seen the latter approached by the paparazzi, it's done in a very respectful way. It's like as if because they presume that you're a bit of an idiot, or if you're young/naive, they will they try and provoke you for something sensational.

Comments

Hi Electric Boobs,
    Welcome to boards.ie
    I've moved your thread to the more appropriate forum. Please read the celebrity & showbiz charter before posting.
    Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

Is there a reason why celebrities like Justin Beiber, the 1D lads and Kanye West get harassed a lot more than the likes of John Travolta, or David Bowie? Whenever I've seen the latter approached by the paparazzi, it's done in a very respectful way. It's like as if because they presume that you're a bit of an idiot, or if you're young/naive, they will they try and provoke you for something sensational.

I imagine it's mostly down to if the person in question is likely to kick-off or generate photos that have a good re-sell value to the paprazzo in question.

It's been a bit of a 'flavor of the season' to get photos of the likes of Beiber acting like a git, as this kind of stuff sells Red Top tabloids and glossy 'interest' magazines.

Celebrities who are less likely to kick off or who are not the flavor of the moment tend to get a more calm approach. Since normal photos will do, no need to go nuts I guess?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I would muse that the likes of Bieber et al are more current and relevant, and are therefore more likely to sell magazines than John Travolta or David Bowie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

xzanti wrote: »
    I would muse that the likes of Bieber et al are more current and relevant, and are therefore more likely to sell magazines than John Travolta or David Bowie.
    But even the likes of Charlie Sheen and Michael C Hall are treated with a bit more respect, and it's because they're less naive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

xzanti wrote: »

Jaysus,Bieber more relevant than Bowie,in the extreme short term maybe.Can't see Bieber still selling any records in 40 years time (or four even).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

darkdubh wrote: »
    Jaysus,Bieber more relevant than Bowie,in the extreme short term maybe.Can't see Bieber still selling any records in 40 years time (or four even).

I agree 100% but I guess Bowie fans aren't buying many raggy magazines.. there's a certain market for the type of magazines that most of these paps are working for..

Advertisement