Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a Friend to Play Battlefield 4 on PC for Free

Options
  • 08-08-2014 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Origin has just unveiled that the next title as part of their “Game Time” program is Battlefield 4! Starting today, gamers can download Battlefield 4 for free on PC (until August 14th at 10 AM PT). There’s never been a better time for new recruits to jump in and join us on the Battlefield.

Here’s how Game Time works. Players can start downloading Battlefield 4 to their Origin Game Library starting today. From there, it’s up to them to decide when they want to start their “Game Time” clock – today, next week, next month, next year, whenever. From the minute you launch the game, your “Game Time” clock turns on, giving you full access to the game for one week — 168 hours.

New to Battlefield? Follow this easy Quick Start Guide:

1.Get your copy of Game Time Trial of Battlefield 4 on Origin here.
    2.After you’ve downloaded Origin’s Battlefield 4 Game Time, launch the game from the Origin Games Library.

3.Go to the Test Range and get a good feel for the Battle with a variety of weapons and vehicles for you to get acclimated with.
    4.Now that you’re primed for battle, hop into a game of Conquest or Obliteration.
    5.Need more tips for the Battlefield? Visit the BF4 Bootcamp to learn more about multiplayer and much more.
    Help us spread the word and keep an eye out for some new recruits coming to Battlefield 4 on PC soon!

For more information, visit origin.com/store/free-games/game-time

sorry i cant cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Pity I've hit my download cap, and it don't reset til the 16th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

you can still add it to your origin account, I think. The free trial doesn't start until you start playing it. At least that's my understanding.

Then once you start, I believe the clock runs constantly instead of just when you're playing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Pity I've hit my download cap, and it don't reset til the 16th :(

What is this, 2005? :pac:

Seriously though, it's mental that we still have download caps in Ireland. Must be a nightmare trying to download games given how massive they are nowadays.

Kiith wrote: »
    What is this, 2005? :pac:

Seriously though, it's mental that we still have download caps in Ireland. Must be a nightmare trying to download games given how massive they are nowadays.

People who can't get fixed line broadband, be it VDSL or Fibre, they ain't got the luxury of unlimited broadband through FWA or Mobile - sadly I fall under the Mobile broadband category... got to make do with Vodafone [20GB] and THREE [60GB].

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Who the f*ck does NOT own Battlefield 4?!

• Advertisement

4Dlolz wrote: »

People that have grown bored with FPS games? ;)

Or those who don't like games based around multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

4Dlolz wrote: »

Me and that is coming from a die hard esports battlefield 1 and 2 player.

The battlefield games (and most others) are a mere shadow of what the scene was years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Raven_SK

Well it's free if you just want to have a go if you don't like it don't play it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well I have BF3 and BF4 and because there isnt that much difference between them, I still end up playing BF3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Skerries wrote: »
    well I have BF3 and BF4 and because there isnt that much difference between them, I still end up playing BF3

Battlefield 3 on PC was the series highest point.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

BF3 was at least playable. 4 is just awful.

Tried BF4 yesterday. Doubt I'll be going back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Battlefield 3's maps had a front, at least. BF4 ... that's just like CoD. Enemies can come from anywhere. A map is like a series of connected smaller maps, where you can run from one to the other, but you can be mobbed from anywhere while on any particular one. It's really not BF.

Planetside is more what BF used to be than BF4 is.

Planetside is more what BF used to be than BF4 is.

Which reminds me... I paid for a year's "sub" with the game and got that 6 months heroic booster... and I've not played it in ages.

*Loads up PS2, gets owned... logs off again*

Ah screw it :(

Advertisement