Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Paully D wrote: »
    Definitely on my wildcard watchlist. Sunderland's fixtures from GW23 up until, well, the end of the season really are as good as anyone can ask for.

5362620d011f4075b1a7eaaa015a33d2.png

Would have liked to hang on to Panti but Van Aanholt looks like the best way into the Sunderland defence at a great price...too good to turn down imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PVA putting the glue back in the defence :D

He was on the cusp of hero status before the injury and can't wait to have him back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

wonski wrote: »
    Tasty home games on that list. All of them. Would be nice to find another cheap player when Sunderland plays away.

Newcastle are always at home when Sunderland play away. Depending on who their new manager fancies, Dummett etc would be nice.

Only thing with Sunderland is, to my constant frustration, we seem to struggle at home to teams we should be beating. We had the worst home record against bottom half teams in the league last season (well, we did until I stopped checking around April) and this year has since 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw from 3 games against those sides with 5 goals conceded (3 to Hull!).

Hopefully this year will end up being different, but either way those games and the prices of Sunderland defenders mean Sunderland defensive coverage is a must in a squad IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Paully D wrote: »
    Newcastle are always at home when Sunderland play away. Depending on who their new manager fancies, Dummett etc would be nice.

Only thing with Sunderland is, to my constant frustration, we seem to struggle at home to teams we should be beating. We had the worst home record against bottom half teams in the league last season (well, we did until I stopped checking around April) and this year has since 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw from 3 games against those sides with 5 goals conceded (3 to Hull!).

Hopefully this year will end up being different, but either way those games and the prices of Sunderland defenders mean Sunderland defensive coverage is a must in a squad IMO.

How has Fletcher been playing for ye lately? He seems to be a decent player if he can stay injury free.

He has been doing pretty well in that lone striker role, holding the ball up well and linking play, but we just don't create enough chances for him to be a viable FPL option unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Didn't realise Wickham and Fletcher only have 6 goals between them this season. Only Burnley and Villa have scored less than Sunderland. Wickham doesn't seem to have kicked on from his impressive finish to last season. He would be another good budget option if he could find some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

wonski wrote: »
    Tasty home games on that list. All of them. Would be nice to find another cheap player when Sunderland plays away.

They rotate pretty well with Villa from GW 24 so PVA/Hutton will be my pairing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rodgers on Sturridge this morning. Another reason to leave wildcard as last a a possible....

Rodgers said: "He will be back here to finalise rehab in early January. He should be back playing mid to late January."

Didn't realise Wickham and Fletcher only have 6 goals between them this season. Only Burnley and Villa have scored less than Sunderland. Wickham doesn't seem to have kicked on from his impressive finish to last season. He would be another good budget option if he could find some form.

He's playing as one of the wide forwards in Poyet's system. He's actually playing very well this season IMO, improving every week, but considering how few goals we score anyway he's not going to get too many opportunities from that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wombatman wrote: »
    Papiss Cisse will be banned for three matches after the Newcastle striker accepted a charge of violent conduct from the Football Association
    Do we have news about Sterling? Some seemed to think here he could face a similar ban :confused:...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

iroced wrote: »
    Do we have news about Sterling? Some seemed to think here he could face a similar ban :confused:...

Pretty sure he escaped a ban, JJS wasn't so lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

iroced wrote: »

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549464/Liverpool-Raheem-Sterling-Slap-FA-Ban-Escape-Federico-Fernandez-Stars-Anfield-Latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

4 match ban for JJS

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

KevIRL wrote: »
    4 match ban for JJS

Who is jjs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shelvey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not sure if it was posted here yet, Tim Howard out for 6 weeks...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30632429

Yellow flag gone for Yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yellow flag gone for Yaya

Ha, Pellegrini says he is injured for the West Brom game, Yaya then tweets "I was rested for West Brom game and not injured". Good news is that he's not injured but let's hope Pellegrini doesn't drop him for going against his word :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Ha, Pellegrini says he is injured for the West Brom game, Yaya then tweets "I was rested for West Brom game and not injured". Good news is that he's not injured but let's hope Pellegrini doesn't drop him for going against his word :P
    If fit, Pellegrini would be mad to drop him. In fairness he'll be mad to drop Silva too. City crazy 2 pts loss last GW has them with no choice but a win on New Year's Day. He needs his big men on the field. But that's just me and probably a bit of wishful thinking regarding my FPL team :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Nah I agree, Silva and Yaya will start. Yaya rested last GW and Silva has been out for ages previously. No reason for them to be rested tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gonna double up on Sunderland after seeing those fixtures for the rest of the season. Panti and Van Aarnholt for less than 9m is tasty! Double up on most home games I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SantryRed wrote: »
    Gonna double up on Sunderland after seeing those fixtures for the rest of the season. Panti and Van Aarnholt for less than 9m is tasty! Double up on most home games I think.

Add in Wisdom and that's along way towards a decent budget defence.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Nah I agree, Silva and Yaya will start. Yaya rested last GW and Silva has been out for ages previously. No reason for them to be rested tomorrow!
    There is a reason though. 3 games in 6 days puts everyone as a rotation risk. Sterling included. None of us expected Yaya to be rested the other day, it just happens. It is that time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    There is a reason though. 3 games in 6 days puts everyone as a rotation risk. Sterling included. None of us expected Yaya to be rested the other day, it just happens. It is that time of year.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I didn't bring in Silva this week as I've a feeling he will be rested.

3 in 6 is hectic and at home to a lesser team I think a rest may be given. The last thing he'll want is for Silva to pick up a knock and have to go without Silva, Yaya & Aguero for Jan. A third game in such a short space increases the chances.

I think he'll be on the bench and brought in if needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PARlance wrote: »
    Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I didn't bring in Silva this week as I've a feeling he will be rested.

3 in 6 is hectic and at home to a lesser team I think a rest may be given. The last thing he'll want is for Silva to pick up a knock and have to go without Silva, Yaya & Aguero for Jan. A third game in such a short space increases the chances.

I think he'll be on the bench and brought in if needed.

I think he'll play Silva, he tried to be cute by resting Yaya and got caught by the short and curnleys by Burnley - he won't/can't allow that to happen again.

He'll rest him for the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

F1ngers wrote: »
    I think he'll play Silva, he tried to be cute by resting Yaya and got caught by the short and curnleys by Burnley - he won't/can't allow that to happen again.

He'll rest him for the FA Cup.

Leave me off in my winter rest wunderland ;)

Looks like Stever Taylor out for the season.

Can't link at work but this is strangely accurate once again....
    https://twitter.com/toonarmymia/status/541237473263616000

Anybody got any knowledge of Davide Santon 4.3, is he any nearer to first team action?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Anybody got any knowledge of Davide Santon 4.3, is he any nearer to first team action?

was on bench yday
    with Taylor out now I guess dummett could move into CB.....but who knows with a new manager

km79 wrote: »
    was on bench yday
    with Taylor out now I guess dummett could move into CB.....but who knows with a new manager

Lovely. Hopefully he gets a game in the cup then back on fill time. Compared to Janmaat he is priced well

km79 wrote: »
    was on bench yday
    Williamson was the one warming up when Taylor nearly decapitated himself a few weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/551097719100825600?s=09

Duff nearly back at last.

Ps. Finally gave in and joined twitter mainly to follow BD and FFFix! :(

FHFC wrote: »

Care to disclose your handle?

@me so I can follow you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Speaking of Twitter I've made a decent list of journos and news sites for team news if anyone is interested in it.
    https://twitter.com/LucasHood88/lists/journos?s=09

@Kandi_kayxxx

For some important fantasy stuff....NSFW or family though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You dirty devil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I've no idea the implications of posting a twitter address on a public forum and to be honest don't really get the whole twitter thing. Don't intend to be tweeting so there'd be not much to follow I just figured it would save me googling Ben D and Pelegrinis press conferences every Friday!

Should be good for line ups and transfer news too I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Robertson of hull out for 3 months, ramierz and roseinor out for a month

Shaw and Rafael injured AGAIN.

Rafael looks on his last legs at OT

Shaw and Rafael injured AGAIN.

Rafael looks on his last legs at OT

Raph fractured cheekbone, Shaw ankle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2896425/Manchester-United-duo-Luke-Shaw-Rafael-withdrawn-against-Yeovil-Louis-van-Gaal-faces-new-injury-crisis.html

Ronald Koeman expects Nathaniel Clyne [ankle] to be available for next weekends' game at Old Trafford #SaintsFC

@BenDinnery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

@aguerosergiokun
    I wanted you to know I've already started field work. Slowly but surely I'll be back at the right moment. Thanks for the wishes!

Lallana ruled out for a month with thigh injury http://t.co/8zA6nSwCj8

@aguerosergiokun
    I wanted you to know I've already started field work. Slowly but surely I'll be back at the right moment. Thanks for the wishes!

Even the way he speaks is magical

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Krul is back in training and could start against Chelsea. New manager depending, Panti/Krul is my favoured WC combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,917 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Krul is back in training and could start against Chelsea. New manager depending, Panti/Krul is my favoured WC combo.

Newcastle just don't keep clean sheets. Better options than Krul to be had at the same price tag. Bar the freak run they had in November their defence has been brutal. I don't understand the love for him here at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lads what's the suspension cut-off date in terms of reaching 10 yellows?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

callaway92 wrote: »
    Newcastle just don't keep clean sheets. Better options than Krul to be had at the same price tag. Bar the freak run they had in November their defence has been brutal. I don't understand the love for him here at all.

I'd be happy playing Panti every week bar GWs 24, 27, 33, 36, and 38. Krul covers those GWs with good fixtures and has perfect home and away rotation. He'll also be falling to 4.4m tonight. If I need the extra money, I'll just stick with Mannone as backup or go to a 4.0m.