Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Spot the twitter whores........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Spot the twitter whores........ :D

Twitter and the FFS meltdown on Sanchez have been welcome distractions from work today :)

Twitter and the FFS meltdown on Sanchez have been welcome distractions from work today :)

They have been distracting me, but I could do with getting some actual work done at this stage.

Oh well.

What's this about Sanchez?

Edit: Found it:

ESPN FC ‏@ESPNFC 2h2 hours ago
    Alexis Sanchez is a doubt for Arsenal's Premier League clash with Aston Villa on Sunday with a "hamstring concern": http://es.pn/15YTLnN

With no #CFC presser tomorrow

My own thoughts

Fabregas [late decision] may not be risked

Ivanovic to play

Luis ruled out

@BenDinnery

He also called it (in his opinion) at 50/50 for Fab in another tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With no #CFC presser tomorrow

My own thoughts

Fabregas [late decision] may not be risked

Ivanovic to play

Luis ruled out

@BenDinnery

He also called it (in his opinion) at 50/50 for Fab in another tweet.
    These type of tweets are the ones from him I'd pay no attention to. Pure guesswork he doesn't have a clue if fab is fit or not.

Fabregas also didn't train today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fabregas also didn't train today

Balls

I've no free transfer and have Costa Fab and Sanchez :-(

Re Sanchez.

Wenger said in his press conference this morning that he was "unlikely to risk him"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anyone have any idea what time the Costa appeal will be heard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Costa loses appeal. Will serve a 3 match ban. All the journalists have it up on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Carrick out for a month , doubt it affects many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Benimar wrote: »
    Costa loses appeal. Will serve a 3 match ban. All the journalists have it up on Twitter.

Likely be the last I see of him this season with his 8 yellows on the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hococop wrote: »
    Carrick out for a month , doubt it affects many

Think it might actually improve United's attacking prospects. Carrick plays a lot of sideways passes, whereas Herrera, who I think will come in for him, is more attack minded and likely to stretch oppositions defenses

manual_man wrote: »
    Think it might actually improve United's attacking prospects. Carrick plays a lot of sideways passes, whereas Herrera, who I think will come in for him, is more attack minded and likely to stretch oppositions defenses

I was thinking exactly this when I heard that news. The slow slow slow tempo that is killing Uniteds attacking potential is substantially down to Carrick at times. If they moved the ball out of defence a bit quicker they have the players to score goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was thinking exactly this when I heard that news. The slow slow slow tempo that is killing Uniteds attacking potential is substantially down to Carrick at times. If they moved the ball out of defence a bit quicker they have the players to score goals.

wonder will falcao start.......must resist.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Neither Carrick or Fellaini are the type of mids likely to open up opposition defenses. That centre mid partnership baffled me tbh. Herrera is much more dynamic. Hopefully will suit AdM and his FPL returns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Any chance of Berty appealing that red card ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rikand wrote: »
    Any chance of Berty appealing that red card ? :)

Think it was pretty clear cut guess they might but can't see it helping was a very poorly timed challenge.

To confirm, FPL have Bertrand down as suspended for the next three games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I knew there was a reason I had Targett...

CSF wrote: »
    I knew there was a reason I had Targett...

BBC already say Koeman will appeal, so watch this space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Dónal wrote: »
    BBC already say Koeman will appeal, so watch this space!

He made contact with the ball first. Messy challenge but there is a reasonable chance that the card could be rescinded. It's worth holding off on transferring him until the appeal result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

zarquon wrote: »
    He made contact with the ball first. Messy challenge but there is a reasonable chance that the card could be rescinded. It's worth holding off on transferring him until the appeal result

Let's wait and see. Bellerin looks like a good replacement but with Spurs away I will wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

wonski wrote: »
    Let's wait and see. Bellerin looks like a good replacement but with Spurs away I will wait.

Exactly, the Leicester game is the one to be looking to bring him in for however i feel Sanchez, Cazorla and Giroud should be a higher priority for that game as there will be goals in that game and this trio will be central to any goals.

Exactly, the Leicester game is the one to be looking to bring him in for however i feel Sanchez, Cazorla and Giroud should be a higher priority for that game as there will be goals in that game and this trio will be central to any goals.

It's a good thing we'll see the lineups for Leicester since it's a prime one for Wenger to rotate in the likes of Welbeck or Ox ahead of the FA Cup match that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I already have Sanchez and Giroud (brought him in this week).

Cazorla worries me, though. He seems to be in a very good shape. Very creative today. Sanchez not playing helped him shine I guess, but if Sanchez is a doubt I might do a straight swap - Sanchez to Cazorla and Bellerin in in next week. Arsenal is in good shape and having 3 players doesn't worry me at all.

I will wait until last minute before making any moves. Have some cash so I can take few rises no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

That won't be rescinded, pretty straightforward decision. Bertrand went in very dangerously, could have seriously injured the Swansea player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jebforever wrote: »
    That won't be rescinded, pretty straightforward decision. Bertrand went in very dangerously, could have seriously injured the Swansea player.

Lets hope so. I kneejerked him out in a fit of contempt and I originally had him in mind as one of my season keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rikand wrote: »
    Lets hope so. I kneejerked him out in a fit of contempt and I originally had him in mind as one of my season keepers.

I still hate that word "kneejerk". I took him out for Bellerin swiftly myself. Was annoyed at not going with Bellerin on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

When will the appeal be heard? Don't think he'll drop tonight, still think he'll definitely get banned but don't want to transfer until absolutely sure. If he doesn't drop at all I'll bank the transfer but if he loses the appeal he'll surely drop right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

jebforever wrote: »
    Saw a few papers describe it as a horror x-rated tackle but just saw a gif of it there. It's definitely not as bad as people are saying and he most certainly did get the ball beforehand, but the fact that his studs rolled up over the ball and into the other player's shin means that he wasn't in control of his tackle, so I can't see it being rescinded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My options for replacing him:

Clyne
    Targett
    Zouma
    Bellerin
    Baines

What do I do....?

8-10 wrote: »

Clyne
    Targett
    Zouma
    Bellerin
    Baines

What do I do....?

I went with Bellerin when I hadn't thought about it yesterday but Zouma looks the part.

8-10 wrote: »

Clyne
    Targett
    Zouma
    Bellerin
    Baines

What do I do....?

If Alderwiered confirmed fit thats what I'll be doing and saving 0.9 in the process.

I don't think doubling up on Chelsea is worthwhile ahead of GW27, as Lemlin said somewhere, thats the time to make a swap to Zouma from existing Chelsea cover - Terry out for 27, Zouma in after.

I already have Bellerin, if I didn't I'd get him for Bertrand.

Targett is just tying up a transfer in 3 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MT 2.0 becomes a viable option the week when I'm on WC. It's surely a sign :D

If Alderwiered confirmed fit thats what I'll be doing and saving 0.9 in the process.

I don't think doubling up on Chelsea is worthwhile ahead of GW27, as Lemlin said somewhere, thats the time to make a swap to Zouma from existing Chelsea cover - Terry out for 27, Zouma in after.

I already have Bellerin, if I didn't I'd get him for Bertrand.

Targett is just tying up a transfer in 3 weeks time.

It should also be clear by then if Zouma is going to keep the position. I expect him to however. Cahill has been woeful going back to the Newcastle game where he was directly at fault for one of the goals.

MT 2.0 becomes a viable option the week when I'm on WC. It's surely a sign :D

Yes, its a sign that you're going to need to use a vital transfer in GW27, just before the DGW, to get rid of him again. :pac:

Get Alderweireld, even though I admit its exponentially harder to makes puns from his surname, and his initials don't fit your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    It should also be clear by then if Zouma is going to keep the position. I expect him to however. Cahill has been woeful going back to the Newcastle game where he was directly at fault for one of the goals.

I wouldn't be confident of Zouma keeping his place to be honest, Cahill's form has been patchy but Zouma hasn't convinced me that it's gonna be any more than a kick up the hole for Cahill in the long run. He's been one of the best defenders in the league over the last 5 or 6 years, I expect him to be back very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Lemlin wrote: »

To be fair he got an awful knock just before that and seemed to be a bit concussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

qwabercd wrote: »
    To be fair he got an awful knock just before that and seemed to be a bit concussed.
    Who, Zouma or Cahill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who, Zouma or Cahill?

Cahill clashed heads with Vertonghen in the 3-0 win for the Blues when they met at the start of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Any info on Alderweireld? will he be an option against QPR?

Opted for him on WC instead of Bertrand (gladly...) but now really need him to be fit as my other defenders are Terry (away to villa), Bellerín (away to spurs), PVA (away to swansea) and Baird (dropped).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bezuaua wrote: »

Opted for him on WC instead of Bertrand (gladly...) but now really need him to be fit as my other defenders are Terry (away to villa), Bellerín (away to spurs), PVA (away to swansea) and Baird (dropped).

Don't think there has really been a proper update since he was ruled out for a month on the 13th I would think definitely back for Liverpool might just about make West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bezuaua wrote: »

Everyone's favorite Twitter resource Ben Dinnery tweeted last night that he's 50/50 for this weekend.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Everyone's favorite Twitter resource Ben Dinnery tweeted last night that he's 50/50 for this weekend.

Koeman said last week that he hoped he would be back for this weekend, but no concrete update since. I'd imagine it will be clarified in the Southampton press conference on Friday.

I'd think if he's fit Koeman will want him back in the team as they've been conceding more than usual. Targett and Yoshida are certainly not in his first choice back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sterling was limping in the last 5 mins of that game

Latest tweet from @BenDinnery re Sanchez quotes Wenger as being 'hopeful' and that he has a chance. Expects to have an update this afternoon.

Also, Adam Johnson is fine for the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement