Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Only saw this now, Huth banned for 2 games (last one is this weekend) for twitter comments:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/30/robert-huth-two-match-ban-twitter-fa

There was talk that he might impact Wasilewski's place in the squad, so it should delay the impact a week at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-31147475

Reposting here from the general thread as it fits in with the theme of this thread. Utd home game with Burnley in danger following announcement of rail strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

G1032 wrote: »
    Ugh, another few drops in his price so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-31147475

Reposting here from the general thread as it fits in with the theme of this thread. Utd home game with Burnley in danger following announcement of rail strike

it would be a pain in the ass for fans but there are also buses that run from city centre as well as taxis.
    won't result in postponement even if it goes ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AdMMM wrote: »
    Ugh, another few drops in his price so!
    He's already dropped twice this week so can only fall once more before Saturday anyway (is that still a rule?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bezuaua wrote: »
    Any info on Alderweireld? will he be an option against QPR?

Opted for him on WC instead of Bertrand (gladly...) but now really need him to be fit as my other defenders are Terry (away to villa), Bellerín (away to spurs), PVA (away to swansea) and Baird (dropped).

"Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin will be available for Saturday's trip to QPR. Toby Alderweireld will not be, but he should be back for the home match against Liverpool the following week."

From the presser.

Rodgers on Sturridge

"Daniel, like every player, wants to play," he said. "He is coming along very well. We'll analyse whether he starts over the next couple of days."

jimmii wrote: »
    "Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin will be available for Saturday's trip to QPR. Toby Alderweireld will not be, but he should be back for the home match against Liverpool the following week."

From the presser.

misses mid week game too so :(
    he better keep a load of clean sheets when he gets back in !

• Advertisement

Rodgers on Sturridge

"Daniel, like every player, wants to play," he said. "He is coming along very well. We'll analyse whether he starts over the next couple of days."
    I'm going out on a limb, I reckon Sturridge starts this week. He's going in the WC team

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm going out on a limb, I reckon Sturridge starts this week. He's going in the WC team

I think he will aswell. The liverpool team has been leaked every week correctly since before Xmas. I'll post it tomorrow if it's leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think he will aswell. The liverpool team has been leaked every week correctly since before Xmas. I'll post it tomorrow if it's leaked.

Yep, I think the reference about him not starting during the week was in regard to the Cup game.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yep, I think the reference about him not starting during the week was in regard to the Cup game.

It was from today's press conference.

It was from today's press conference.

I'm referring to the one from Monday/Tuesday where Ridgers says he wouldn't start.

I'm referring to the one from Monday/Tuesday where Ridgers says he wouldn't start.

Too many quotes flying round lol!

wenger says Sanchez will train today AND " he feels he can defy the medical people because he is so keen to play. I don't know if he can. I will see today".........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

km79 wrote: »
    wenger says Sanchez will train today AND " he feels he can defy the medical people because he is so keen to play. I don't know if he can. I will see today".........

Found this funny yesterday http://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/2urecw/story_i_just_heard_about_alexis/
    Alexis was found (caught) by staff halfway up a climbing wall with a body pack of weights attached. When told to get down he continued stating that he had to get to the top. Afterwards he told the medical staff that while at Barce he was told he would be out for 12 weeks, he came back in 2. His current "injury" is nothing. Apparently he just can't stop working out / training.

km79 wrote: »

That would be a nice surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Definitely holds up well for the midweek game anyway, I think I will stick with him in that case for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Argh, now I don't know what to do with Sanchez. Safe approach is holding him and waiting for lineups on Tuesday, but that's so boring :pac:

Argh, now I don't know what to do with Sanchez. Safe approach is holding him and waiting for lineups on Tuesday, but that's so boring :pac:
    I think that is what I'm going to do, but I'd be starting to sway towards getting rid of him (and bringing him back if the news was that he was starting v Leicester) until I read that he is in with some chance of playing tomorrow.

I don't expect him to play tomorrow, mind you. But it is Tuesday I'm looking towards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's what I'll be doing now too.

Just waiting for some news on Johnson to see whether I make a transfer. May well get rid of him anyway.

FHFC wrote: »
    That's what I'll be doing now too.

Just waiting for some news on Johnson to see whether I make a transfer. May well get rid of him anyway.

I thought Pauly had said during the week he'd definitely make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Sanchez better not play! I've sold him!

• Advertisement

I thought Pauly had said during the week he'd definitely make it.

That's what Poyet said midweek when he sat out the cup game, but the quotes yesterday were that it was touch and go. Poyet said they'd be deciding today, so hopefully theres confirmation.

Paully also said he'd probably get rid anyway given the formation and where AJ is playing!
    Poyet “It will be touch & go for Johnson, its a big decision. I think [Rodwell or Wickham] has a chance but we will wait until Friday"

"Giaccherini has a problem [after a heavy challenge on Tues] Johnson [thumb] is being checked this PM. We'll make a decision tomorrow (Friday)"

Walters also a doubt for this weekend BTW.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/563673563442716674

"Jon hasn’t trained since the game because of a little [knee] problem"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FHFC wrote: »
    Walters also a doubt for this weekend BTW.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/563673563442716674

"Jon hasn’t trained since the game because of a little [knee] problem"

It'd be great if he missed out to punish all the bandwagoners for want of a better word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jebforever wrote: »
    It'd be great if he missed out to punish all the bandwagoners for want of a better word.

I would have a knee problem after scoring a hattrick in the Premier League, too:D

60000 transferred him in, not a huge amount if you compare it to the rest. 9th on the list after his hattrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Chilean article says Sanchez has a tear and is out for a month: http://www.latercera.com/noticia/deportes/2015/02/656-615742-9-circulo-cercano-teme-que-desgaste-de-sanchez-haya-derivado-en-desgarro.shtml

I highly recommend getting Google to translate it :D

• Advertisement

Chilean article says Sanchez has a tear and is out for a month: http://www.latercera.com/noticia/deportes/2015/02/656-615742-9-circulo-cercano-teme-que-desgaste-de-sanchez-haya-derivado-en-desgarro.shtml

Thank You Ziegler:D
    Tocopillano returns to the low Arsenal. Wenger looks forward to Tuesday, but it is feared that Chile has a greater ailment.

Thank You:D

Looks ominous!
    Inner circle feared that wear Sánchez has resulted in tearing

You never question the Inner circle!

Jesus, as unreliable as that looks, it adds another 1% or 2% in the direction of shipping him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

CSF wrote: »
    Jesus, as unreliable as that looks, it adds another 1% or 2% in the direction of shipping him out.

Here was me hoping it would it make it a no brainer but it still changes nothing imho, clickbait.

My Spanish isn't great but I think "latercena.com" roughly translates to "Chilean Whispers News"

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My Spanish isn't great but I think "latercena.com" roughly translates to "Chilean Whispers News"

latercera.com is the website;)

One letter can make a difference:D

My Spanish is unrated so please, tell us what they say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I cant take this :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I had a read of that, it's bascially saying that the hamstring strain has become a tear. The source of the rumour is his agent Fernando Felicevich who visited him in london in the last few days (after Wenger's last press conference)...

latercera or 'La Tercera' is the Spanish for 'The Third One'. According to Wikipedia, it used to be called La Tercera de la Hora as it was the evening edition of the now defunct La Hora newspaper.

Wiki states: "La Tercera has become one of the most influential newspapers in Chile, and reference point for the political world, and the rest of the media."

I never thought I'd be googling Chilean newspapers when I woke up this morning. :D

latercera or 'La Tercera' is the Spanish for 'The Third One'. According to Wikipedia, it used to be called La Tercera de la Hora as it was the evening edition of the now defunct La Hora newspaper.

Wiki states: "La Tercera has become one of the most influential newspapers in Chile, and reference point for the political world, and the rest of the media."

I never thought I'd be googling Chilean newspapers when I woke up this morning. :D

We don't want wikipedia, google translate or anything like that. We need facts!

Feels good to see google translate not working, though.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    We don't want wikipedia, google translate or anything like that. We need facts!

Feels good to see google translate not working, though.

What are you on about? Wikipedia is the most reliable source there is!

:pac:

What are you on about? Wikipedia is the most reliable source there is!

:pac:

I just need to know if Sanchez is fit.
    That's all:D

I am about to wiki him and look at all Spanish sites.
    Any Spanish lessond around? I take them as long as these are not sponsored by Google:D Google translate is a devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My Spanish is not perfect and is starting to get old now :rolleyes: :P but
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I had a read of that, it's bascially saying that the hamstring strain has become a tear. The source of the rumour is his agent Fernando Felicevich who visited him in london in the last few days (after Wenger's last press conference)...

this.

Now is this a serious newspaper or not? It's an important one in Chile anyway (*). There's a comment (below the paper) which doesn't rate it at all but it's only one comment.

There's one piece at the end of the paper which echoes Wenger words and this funny story about Sanchez climbing a wall related to Alexis desire to play in any case "Aunque con la fortaleza y ganas de Alexis, nunca se sabe" ("Though with Alexis strength and will, we never know" - that's after stating he could be out for the whole of February).

(*) Actually just found this paper about the Press in Chile. Don't know how good and accurate it is but it does have significant bibliograhic sources.

One part I found interesting
    Fernando Paulsen Silva, editor of La Tercera , noted that increasing media competition in Chile made news organizations watch and compare the quality of programming. On February 27, 2000, his newspaper complained to the Chilean National Ethics Committee. He accused one of his competitors of inventing bylines to give readers the impression that it had sent staff members around the world to cover soccer games, when in fact he said the news was being rewritten from the Internet.

This guy is still a columnist at La Tercera and a part-time professor in 2 Chilean universities.
    So if he complained about such things he would not abide fake rumours about Sanchez injury from some of his colleagues, would he?

Jeez... what kind of stuff this game makes me do on a Friday night... Feels like I'm working for the judicial police department :pac: :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FFS now I have to keep Pelle for another week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Charlie Austin on Twitter:

Scan done. Delighted to say I've NOT broken a bone in my foot! Hopefully back in a week or two!

Scan done. Delighted to say I've NOT broken a bone in my foot! Hopefully back in a week or two!

I think I'll leave him in, I was planning on benching him midweek anyway and I desperately want to get rid of Pelle. So it looks like Pelle to Kane is back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

At least he's out for Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

menoscemo wrote: »
    I think I'll leave him in, I was planning on benching him midweek anyway and I desperately want to get rid of Pelle. So it looks like Pelle to Kane is back on.

He's missing gameweek 27 though, so its likely he'll miss 3 gameweeks. That's why I have opted to move him now.

Plus, he's going to drop price tonight. His two likely replacements, Kane and Defoe are going up tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In other news

Sanchez Flag Removed! :D

Advertisement