Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With Evans banned will Jones get his place back or will Rojo move back centrally with Shaw in as lb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »
    Exactly. I don't think Alderweireld will just walk back into the team. I'd expect Yoshida to start the next game or two at least.

alderwiereld and fonte are the first choice pairing and he will go with his first choice pairing away to chelsea.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Any news on Puncheons injury? He looked to be in a bad way yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Puncheon set to miss Stoke trip

"I think it will be OK. He will probably miss one game."

Nice of him to get the price rise on Saturday night at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Foster gone for four weeks.

Brunt suspended one match

Unfortunately for Baird owners, it's Man City away

https://twitter.com/JHunterChron/status/577866718627905536

#nufc skipper Fabricio Coloccini's appeal against his red card has been rejected. Remains banned for the Wear-Tyne derby. #safc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

dahat wrote: »
    Foster gone for four weeks.

No issue for those that have myhill too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

zarquon wrote: »
    No issue for those that have myhill too.

The memories of the krul/Elliot situation are still too fresh for me to be thinking 'no issue'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KevIRL wrote: »
    The memories of the krul/Elliot situation are still too fresh for me to be thinking 'no issue'

Yep, I got caught with that earlier in the season. I will replace Foster, not relying on Myhill at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

@MCFC
    PELLEGRINI: @YayaToure set to miss WBA game with an Achilles problem, Kolarov (muscle) and Milner (knee) also struggling #mcfc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Red flag gone from Lucas - just a yellow now (75% chance of playing)

https://twitter.com/mattsandoz1/status/578936003953618944

#stokecity defender Phillipp Wollscheid is back in training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

KevIRL wrote: »

not to the point where i'd be in a panic to replace Foster (have Myhill too). the Krul/Elliot scenario is something you rarely see. I'll be taking my chances by keeping Foster/Myhill for the next few gameweeks, then most likely be dumping Foster for either Ospina or Mignolet once more is known about their respective fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jon Walters is good

manual_man wrote: »
    not to the point where i'd be in a panic to replace Foster (have Myhill too). the Krul/Elliot scenario is something you rarely see. I'll be taking my chances by keeping Foster/Myhill for the next few gameweeks, then most likely be dumping Foster for either Ospina or Mignolet once more is known about their respective fixtures

I got done with boruc and Davis last year aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Forster off to hospital with knee ligament damage according to my stream commentary today.

Kelvin Davis cheap GK option if he's out a while

Not sure if Boruc can be recalled from Bournemouth, but think he was close to 5.0 at start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shineon23 wrote: »
    Not sure if Boruc can be recalled from Bournemouth, but think he was close to 5.0 at start of the season.
    Boruc was out of favour last season, and allowed go on loan this season, so no chance they'll take him back.

I wonder if there's a battle between Gazzaninga and Davis as to who the number 1 is now. From Koeman's post-game interview sounds like Forster could be a season-ender.

4.4 for Davis is very appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Boruc was out of favour last season, and allowed go on loan this season, so no chance they'll take him back.

I wonder if there's a battle between Gazzaninga and Davis as to who the number 1 is now. From Koeman's post-game interview sounds like Forster could be a season-ender.

Particularly as WBA's fixtures are due to take a change for the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »

Boruc was key last season, only out of the team because of injury. When he was out Southampton shipped a lot of goals and fell down the table.
    But he wasn't happy with Forster signing in summer so doubt he'd want to go back,
    As a Southampton fan would like him back, brighten up the place :D

Can't see Gazzaniga in the running at all, he isn't near up to Premier League standard and Davis is club captain.

So if no Boruc I'd hope it's between Davis and Cody Cooper to deputise (US Youth international who I think was in the senior US squad for a few games last year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Ben Foster out for 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ben Foster out for 6 months.

Suits me fine !
    My hill for next 2 then I'll decide on most likely either ospina or Mignolet
    Or I could get Guzan in for double next week but I don't think I'll bother with that

Mourinho says Costa is a doubt for Stoke with a muscular problem. I'll be leaving the armband on him for sure then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mourinho says Costa is a doubt for Stoke with a muscular problem. I'll be leaving the armband on him for sure then :pac:

Some man is Mourinho. Costa already a doubt for a game two weeks away. I wonder what the Spanish medical team will say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Some man is Mourinho. Costa already a doubt for a game two weeks away. I wonder what the Spanish medical team will say.

Tbf he did actually limp off with the game at 2-2. I'm all for José conspiracy theories when it comes to injuries before international breaks, he has plenty of form. But this time as a Costa owner I am definitely concerned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

'Story on Forster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

'Story on Forster?

Nothing confirmed yet, but the early money is on out for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    Nothing confirmed yet, but the early money is on out for the season.

That's what I've heard too. MOTD were reporting it last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ARH. You're joking.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/580014193119772672

"#WBA will not appeal the Gareth McAuley red card against Manchester City despite referee Neil Swarbrick sending off the wrong player"

Damn you Cawson owners if this is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

"#WBA will not appeal the Gareth McAuley red card against Manchester City despite referee Neil Swarbrick sending off the wrong player"

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Surely the FA will sort it out themselves when the ref admitted the error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That should do McAuley's self esteem the world of good!

WBA have a load of CB's and a lack of RB's so it makes sense for them to not appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/580027818114957312

Lukaku set to miss the next two internationals. Definitely a doubt for when he returns too.

Guess not: West Brom's Craig Dawson to miss QPR clash

https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/580047971519197185

Liverpool's Martin Skrtel charged by FA over David de Gea clash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

That is ridiculous. O'Shea wasn't suspended when Brown was wrongly sent off instead of him nor was Oxlade-Chamberlain when Gibbs was wrongly sent off. Having set such a precedent I think it's really unfair to transfer the sending off over. It's a bloody outrage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

That is ridiculous. O'Shea wasn't suspended when Brown was wrongly sent off instead of him nor was Oxlade-Chamberlain when Gibbs was wrongly sent off. Having set such a precedent I think it's really unfair to transfer the sending off over. It's a bloody outrage!!!

O'Shea wasn't suspended because the ref said the red actually should have been given to Brown (he tackled Falcao too after O'Shea).

sheroman01 wrote: »
    O'Shea wasn't suspended because the ref said the red actually should have been given to Brown (he tackled Falcao too after O'Shea).

Which was complete nonsense to anyone who saw the footage, Brown was relieved of the suspension also proving it farcical. It also doesn't explain the Gibbs/Ox case where the ref actually apologised afterwards and as a result neither were suspended. It's complete nonsense.

Which was complete nonsense to anyone who saw the footage, Brown was relieved of the suspension also proving it farcical. It also doesn't explain the Gibbs/Ox case where the ref actually apologised afterwards and as a result neither were suspended. It's complete nonsense.

Gibbs red was transferred to Ox who then had it successfully overturned because the shot wasn't on target

Gibbs red was transferred to Ox who then had it successfully overturned because the shot wasn't on target

Ah.... well that explains that. I'll take my outrage outside to my friends who also happen to have Dawson... :pac:

tumblr_ml80th8mxU1qfqyzdo1_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool's Martin Skrtel charged by FA over David de Gea clash

Banned for next 2 PL games v Arsenal and Newcastle

Guess either Lovren or Kolo comes in for him but overall Liverpool's defence weakened

8-10 wrote: »
    Banned for next 2 PL games v Arsenal and Newcastle

Guess either Lovren or Kolo comes in for him but overall Liverpool's defence weakened
    He also could face a further ban for posting a picture of clowns on his Instagram....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

AdMMM wrote: »
    He also could face a further ban for posting a picture of clowns on his Instagram....

I'm guessing that's more likely to be a fine than a ban

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that's more likely to be a fine than a ban
    Apparently the FA aren't considering any action over the Instagram post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AdMMM wrote: »
    Apparently the FA aren't considering any action over the Instagram post.

He's obviously learnt you can't write stuff about the FA or they will get you but post a picture without any text and let people assume what it is about and its hard for them to prove the reason for posting it. Could well see a few more of these after bans in the future now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Before 2 tasty home games, this is quite a bad news for my team. These little "luck" details have generally gone against me this year. Last year was better in that regards :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hello Kelvin Davis at 4.4m

Some value!
    Might get him for De Gea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I prefer myhill at 4.0 but that's cos I have saints cover with Alderw

Advertisement