Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I prefer myhill at 4.0 but that's cos I have saints cover with Alderw

And because he can turn on full beast mode and get 5 points when conceding 3 goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I prefer myhill at 4.0 but that's cos I have saints cover with Alderw

I'll probably double up on Saints. Myhill's fixtures after GW33 are ugly

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/580821813120405504

Update: Danny Rose has withdrawn from the @england squad with hip and hamstring injuries.

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/580821813120405504

Update: Danny Rose has withdrawn from the @england squad with hip and hamstring injuries.

Definitely makes it real because its two injuries no way he will be fit for spurs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

#LFC have been rocked by the news that Sturridge could miss up-to a month after a scan revealed his hip injury is worse than first feared.

@BenDinnery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

FHFC wrote: »
    #LFC have been rocked by the news that Sturridge could miss up-to a month after a scan revealed his hip injury is worse than first feared.

@BenDinnery

Jordan Ibe back to light training. Relevant for me cause I still have him. I wonder will he regain his place given Sturridge's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Jordan Ibe back to light training. Relevant for me cause I still have him. I wonder will he regain his place given Sturridge's injury?

You'd imagine he would with Sterling going up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Debuchy now back in full training I'm more than worried that Bellrin will be dropped for the Liverpool game.

dahat wrote: »
    With Debuchy now back in full training I'm more than worried that Bellrin will be dropped for the Liverpool game.

Debuchy has missed most of the season. He won't just be thrown straight back into a game, particularly one of that significance.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Debuchy has missed most of the season. He won't just be thrown straight back into a game, particularly one of that significance.

Bellerin needs to go though. May well shift him this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

dahat wrote: »
    Would you even want an Arsenal defender in against Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah Bellerin has to go IMO.

1. Bad fixtures
    2. Big rotation risk (Bellerin/Debuchy/Chambers going for one spot)
    3. Blank in a couple of weeks

AdMMM wrote: »
    Would you even want an Arsenal defender in against Liverpool?

Why not? Liverpool ain't exactly banging them in for fun plus I fancy Arsenal to beat them to nil quote strongly.

Lemlin wrote: »

Was hoping that would be the case, will likely hold on the transfer for a week then I'd say. Bench is thin on defenders though so he has to start for me.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah Bellerin has to go IMO.

1. Bad fixtures
    2. Big rotation risk (Bellerin/Debuchy/Chambers going for one spot)
    3. Blank in a couple of weeks

I agree but, like Dahat, I might hold him this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

bellerin will be on my bench anyway v pool at the weekend and the week after I wil get rid

"Rodgers confirms Daniel Sturridge has trained today & the #LFC striker should be fine for the Arsenal game"

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/583621988587073536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

LVG presser:
    "Van Persie is still injured. We have a process. He has to go to the final football coach before he comes into my group and he is not there yet. He is still not in my group," says Van Gaal. "But Luke Shaw is in my group."

"Chris Smalling is ill. I don't know if he is available but I know he is not feeling well today so it shall be difficult for him."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hope this doesn't go through, brought in Davis as a cheap entry to Saints defence.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/05/southampton-line-up-shock-loan-transfer-of-chelsea-goalie-petr-cech-5136520/
    Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is set to make a sensational emergency loan move to Southampton following Fraser Forster’s serious injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Hope this doesn't go through, brought in Davis as a cheap entry to Saints defence.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/05/southampton-line-up-shock-loan-transfer-of-chelsea-goalie-petr-cech-5136520/

There's no way this will go through. Jose isn't gonna let him go, even on loan.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

Wow that would be a surprise! For those who went Foster>Forster>Davis that would be some kick in the nuts.

spock. wrote: »
    There's no way this will go through. Jose isn't gonna let him go, even on loan.

If Southampton were set to play city/arsenal/united in the next few weeks I'm sure he would have been more inclined to allow it! Certainly does seem like it would be unlikely but you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ah lads, FFS there's not a hope in hell he'd be allowed an Emergency loan in this scenario. They've two fit keepers with PL experience (Davis/Gazzaniga) plus another out on loan (Boruc). They're another three injuries away from needing an emergency loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Gibson out for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Naughton out for season

Naughton out for season

Damn. Was sensational value at 4.3m. Not sure who to get now at that price!

Naughton out for season

Fukfukfukfukfuk.

Naughton out for season

Will just have to bench him for this week or take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Lol. Naughton was an exceptional -4 in for Bellerin. Sure it made sense at the time.

• Advertisement

Costa could be back for the DGW according to this, however its a crap article with no actual information or quotes to back up the statement that "Costa has pointed to the massive game at the Emirates as a target for a return."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-injury-list-diego-costa-will-definitely-miss-manchester-united-clash-but-is-hoping-to-be-fit-in-time-to-play-arsenal-10161559.html

Costa could be back for the DGW according to this, however its a crap article with no actual information or quotes to back up the statement that "Costa has pointed to the massive game at the Emirates as a target for a return."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-injury-list-diego-costa-will-definitely-miss-manchester-united-clash-but-is-hoping-to-be-fit-in-time-to-play-arsenal-10161559.html

Presumably they are just writing that off some best case scenario opinion they can find. Hopefully it will come up in Joses next press conference and he might decide to share something for us!

jimmii wrote: »
    Presumably they are just writing that off some best case scenario opinion they can find. Hopefully it will come up in Joses next press conference and he might decide to share something for us!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3029604/Chelsea-expect-Diego-Costa-return-title-run-hamstring-problem-ruling-two-four-weeks.html

Another view from the Mail based on the same unquoted info but leaning more towards the likelihood of Jose using Costa sparingly (which is what I would more have thought) given the title will be tied up with games to spare and he will want to protect him for next season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3029604/Chelsea-expect-Diego-Costa-return-title-run-hamstring-problem-ruling-two-four-weeks.html

Another view from the Mail based on the same unquoted info but leaning more towards the likelihood of Jose using Costa sparingly (which is what I would more have thought) given the title will be tied up with games to spare and he will want to protect him for next season.

Yeh really depends on how the next few matches go. If Chelsea are a point or two away from the title I can't see him being risked if things start to go a little downhill then maybe he will take the risk.

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh really depends on how the next few matches go. If Chelsea are a point or two away from the title I can't see him being risked if things start to go a little downhill then maybe he will take the risk.

I'm tempted to go Remy for the next two anyway, he'll be hungry to make the most of his gametime and make a case for letting Costa rest. QPR defence could have a few goals for him.

I'm tempted to go Remy for the next two anyway, he'll be hungry to make the most of his gametime and make a case for letting Costa rest. QPR defence could have a few goals for him.

Considering the same. Him or a quick punt on Sturridge. Not going to think about plans too much until after tonight hope it isn't too long until they announce arrangements if Pool do go through.

• Advertisement

Cesc Fabregas has travelled to Italy to have surgery on his broken nose making the midfielder a doubt for Sundays' clash against QPR #CFC

Have you brought him in already??

Cesc Fabregas has travelled to Italy to have surgery on his broken nose making the midfielder a doubt for Sundays' clash against QPR #CFC

Have you brought him in already??

Nice he won't get 10 yellows I reckon he will be my 3rd chelsea player I can see him play attacking mid against arsenal.

Nice he won't get 10 yellows I reckon he will be my 3rd chelsea player I can see him play attacking mid against arsenal.

Yeah, I think I'll be doing Eriksen-->Fabregas next week.

Yeah, I think I'll be doing Eriksen-->Fabregas next week.

Come to think of it fab will probably play further forward against Utd aswell I'll either make that exact move in gw 33 or 34. Spurs have newcastle in gw 33 so may wait till 34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Think I can afford Boyd --> Cesc. Might to that and bench Austin, and play 3-5-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

sahko gone off injured. hamstring gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/586495308122554371

Costa looks to be out until the last 4 games of the season.

AdMMM wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/586495308122554371

Costa looks to be out until the last 4 games of the season.

That's not what Jose said, surprised as ESPN for being so definate about something that was very vague. See the GW32 thread.

Why won't he get 10 yellows? Could he not get booked vs. Man Utd and miss the double GW? Or am I missing something?

sheroman01 wrote:
    Why won't he get 10 yellows? Could he not get booked vs. Man Utd and miss the double GW? Or am I missing something?

The deadline for getting suspended for 10 yellows is this weekend.
    If he doesn't get booked this week but gets booked against Utd, he won't miss any games.

The deadline for getting suspended for 10 yellows is this weekend.
    If he doesn't get booked this week but gets booked against Utd, he won't miss any games.

Ah, thanks! Forgot there was a deadline for yellows! Might get him next week so hopefully he doesn't get booked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

anyone any update on diafhra sakho? if he is good to go ill have 11 this coming gameweek, if not ill have to play with 10

anyone any update on diafhra sakho? if he is good to go ill have 11 this coming gameweek, if not ill have to play with 10

I think I read somewhere that he could be out for the season. You may want to double check that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ah bugger, dont think i want to take the hit this week ....on the fpl site it says 25 percent chance of playing. i may have to risk it!

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 1m1 minute ago
    Despite intensive treatment Sturridge is not expected to recover from a hip injury in time for Sundays' clash with AVFC in the FA Cup #LFC

• Advertisement
Advertisement