Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test

Options
  • 08-08-2014 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Howdy all,
    Ive my driving test coming up next month, just wondering what the driving routes are / have they changed..

Just got insured on a friends car and im going to get some practise on the routes as well.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Not sure if they have changed since last year when I did my test, but as far as I can remember 9 of the 10 routes are down by Waterford Crystal, Cork Road, Lisduggan, Hillview, Bunkers Hill kind of area (a lot of Lisduggan). There was one route which brought you out by Phil Grimes and up John's Hill, and down the Folly.

Hope that helps. Maybe no harm in getting a few lessons with some of the instructors, get them to show you the routes and then record them with a Sat Nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Get some pre test lessons and they'll go the routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

ive done the pre test lessons, but it was months ago, im not going to lie, im not too familiar with the areas i was brought, so im seeing if anyone can map them out for me and ill head out for a spin.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Same myself hoping to do the test start of October have 9-12 EDT's done but have done all my lessons in Dublin during the week.

Don't fancy doing the test in Dublin (I'm in the Finglas test area up there) so doing it back home. Have my first lesson this evening back home so hoping to do all the routes like you said over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I passed my test on Monday. I had gotten a lesson with Anne Vereker last week, and one before the test. She went through a lot of the routes with me. It made a big difference, as there were some roads I had never been on before.
    Anne's number is 086 8843527 if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

cheers for that

Advertisement