Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening/Landscaping Rates

• 08-08-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,
    In the current climate what should I expect labour rates to be for a gardener in the Munster area? Work involves setting shrubs, trees and flowerbeds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I charge 150 for 8 hours (4 hours if I have someone with me) or 25 an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Yes 25 is about right although some chaps will look to give you a fixed price then fly through the job to turn it effectively into 30-40 per hour but if you're happy with the job and price then that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Pricing has been the most difficult thing for me to get my head around since I started on my own . I've found my self a trustworthy and hardworking young lad to work for me now that Im getting the work. I pay him a fair wage and it means I can double the work I'm getting done. Op, if your looking for a qualified gardener with decent equipment and insurance my price is fair. If it's just a local young lad then a tenner an hour is fair, just be warned that you pay more for knowledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP

it is easy to be confused by rates, anyone can offer a low rate, some may charge more for knowledge but simply do what you request, but fewer will have the skills to tell you what is required and be able do it.

Ultimately you will probably get what you pay for.

www.alci.ie

Advertisement