Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying an Ipad from Groupon?

• 08-08-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

There is Ipad Air's for sale on Groupon at the moment for €399 (normally €489).
    Any potential pitfalls or is it usually safe enough to purchase an item like this through this website? BTW it says it is US stock and has a 2 pin connection but I dont think this will be a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Though I'm sceptical about anything to do with Groupon, this poster got delivery no problem ......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89573115

Power won't be a problem, at worst you'll need an adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

You should also check the Refurbished stock on the Irish Apple Store - there are iPad Airs for only €20 more (€419) - you'll get a 3-pin plug on the power supply, and a lot less hassle if you want to return it, or claim on the warranty (which is the same warranty as new Apple products).

Note that a lot of the stuff on Groupon, Ibood and similar sites are also refurbished stock, although the iPads mentioned above don't appear to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I bought an ipad 4 from groupon last year. No issues whatsoever.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Type 17 wrote: »
    You should also check the Refurbished stock on the Irish Apple Store - there are iPad Airs for only €20 more (€419) - you'll get a 3-pin plug on the power supply, and a lot less hassle if you want to return it, or claim on the warranty (which is the same warranty as new Apple products).

Note that a lot of the stuff on Groupon, Ibood and similar sites are also refurbished stock, although the iPads mentioned above don't appear to be.

Why even pay €20 more?
    I bought 2 on groupon. Both came with 3 pin plugs and warranty is upheld by apple, not groupon so it's no harder to get any warranty claim. Returns go directly to apple whether you bough it on groupon or in arnotts or on the apple site itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They're GBP£320 from Amazon, works out at €400 with free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kceire wrote: »
    Why even pay €20 more?
    I bought 2 on groupon. Both came with 3 pin plugs and warranty is upheld by apple, not groupon so it's no harder to get any warranty claim. Returns go directly to apple whether you bough it on groupon or in arnotts or on the apple site itself.

Techincal the warranty lies with who ever sold you the product but Apple are good in that you can deal directly with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Bought an refurbished 16gb ipad air from the Apple store today. Should be delivered tomorrow to site. €419 including delivery.
    Can I load apps that I have purchased and stored on my laptop to the ipad?
    Also can I plug the ipad to a TV HDMI connection to stream Netflix etc to my TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Bought an refurbished 16gb ipad air from the Apple store today. Should be delivered tomorrow to site. €419 including delivery.
    Can I load apps that I have purchased and stored on my laptop to the ipad?
    Also can I plug the ipad to a TV HDMI connection to stream Netflix etc to my TV?

You can re-download any iOS apps purchased on your AppleID, and if there are apps stored on your iTunes app on your Mac/PC, you can just copy them on a cable (handy if your internet connection is slow/capped).

You can't stream the iPad directly to a TV with a cable, but if you have an AppleTV on your LAN, you can stream wirelessly to that (and it's connected to your TV with a HDMI cable)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

godtabh wrote: »
    Techincal the warranty lies with who ever sold you the product but Apple are good in that you can deal directly with them

Unless it goes wrong after 12 months. Can't see Groupon or the seller being helpful if they're outside Ireland. At least buying from Apple you have the SCC if necessary

Advertisement