Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plants wilting; sitting in sodden ground

• 08-08-2014 11:48am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭

with all the rain last weekend, it's taken quite a while for the water table to drop in our garden, but a few plants don't seem to have reacted well.
    a few dahlias are very badly wilted, along with some (i think) penstemons, and one or two hydrangeas have suffered a bit too.

will they perk up after the water drops away, or have they suffered permanent damage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

I think you may have to wait and see.
    I've dried out waterlogged potted plants before with some success but not bedded plants.
    It's possible they may perk up providing they can dry out over the next few days. Does your soil generally drain well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, generally, but there's a culverted river somewhere nearby, so if the water table gets very high, we can get a bit marshy for a week or two.

Advertisement