Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground at top of Assumption Rd

Options
  • 08-08-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just wondering what the story is with the playground at the top of Assumption Rd in Blackpool. It seems to be part of the Military cemetary. Does anyone know if this playground is open to the public at any stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

It was badly vandalised last year with equipment damaged and the surface set on fire but I thought that was repaired and it was supposed to be open this summer. Guess the Council hasn't opened it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭FrasierCrane

Pitcairn wrote: »
    It was badly vandalised last year with equipment damaged and the surface set on fire but I thought that was repaired and it was supposed to be open this summer. Guess the Council hasn't opened it yet.

I drove by it on a Sat morning recently and the gates were shut so it appears to be still closed. Shame it was vandalised. The playground in Ballyvolane is poor so we are looking for an alternative.

Advertisement