Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Err not really much in that to be honest lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I think pooch is doing it right, build the lads confidence up in the Europa, and let him kick on from there

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I always said lloris was dodgy!

Haha good man Kane!

Fcuking Kane is useless, what he at, take him off:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Lol the crowd cheering evertime hurricane goes near the ball!

Fcuking Kane is useless, what he at, take him off:D

You know what I actually dont understand. Just how massive a disadvantage it is for a team to get their goalkeeper sent off with three sub's used.

Its the only unique position on the team. They should allow a sub goalkeeper come on in place of an outfield player to be honest.

Good to see Kane miffed about letting the goal in.says a lot about his character

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

5-0 or 5-1. Does it really matter? At least it's only a Europa League game he'll be missing.

irishmover wrote: »
    You know what I actually dont understand. Just how massive a disadvantage it is for a team to get their goalkeeper sent off with three sub's used.

Its the only unique position on the team. They should allow a sub goalkeeper come on in place of an outfield player to be honest.

Would take two men to replace Hugo,

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »

I know what you mean but that is the main reason they changed from 2 subs allowed to 3 in the early 90s I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great to get a big win at last even if the opposition was poor,fair play to Harry Kane he'll have to get a start on the first team soon,Lamela's goal was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

abff wrote: »
    5-0 or 5-1. Does it really matter? At least it's only a Europa League game he'll be missing.

Part of me is kinda glad he'll be missing from the Europa league for a bit. Really want to see Vorm play in this competition and I'm sure he is not happy being on the bench.

I know what you mean but that is the main reason they changed from 2 subs allowed to 3 in the early 90s I think

Yeh I think you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Harry Kane, Our fox in the box? Hes not fast or exceptionally skillfull but the boy scores goals! Cult hero in the making?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

People are finally appreciating Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

At this stage Kane is our number 1 striker. Has to start against Newcastle. Soldado would be still trying if he got a run. Ade looks uninterested. Fair play to the lad he's proved his worth. Height not be fancy but he seems to have what it takes. Ok tonight's opposition were poor but still he got himself into good positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

adebayour didnt travel so that means he is first choice again for sunday . yippee!!

mickman wrote: »
    adebayour didnt travel so that means he is first choice again for sunday . yippee!!

It would seem that way, unless he wants to get another look of Kane/Soldado together. Lennon didn't travel either. Doesn't seem to be in his plans?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mickman wrote: »

I genuinely don't understand why he would start. It makes no sense. Is Poch playing him in the hopes he'll be able to flog him in Jan, or does he actually think he's our best striker? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Asteras caused us a few problems on the counter attack at WHL.
    This time they'll have to attack us, which i think we'll pick them off.
    Asteras 1 - 4 Spurs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd forgotten we were even playing. 6pm eh? Something nice and boring to watch during dinner :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kane up top, Vert as captain, COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

It's live on setanta Ireland

Coys...Kane hatrick please!

Love this kid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

This crowd had chances against us at the lane, I expect this to be a score draw.

Townsend! Sweetly struck peno, he's not had any crazy shots on goal either. In with a shout for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

2-0, Kane again.

2-0! Townsend assist, Kane does what Kane does best!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Great ball in by Townsend, more of this please

Advertisement