Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ahead of tomorrow’s Europa League tie against Partizan Belgrade, Eriksen believes Spurs are improving but knows there is a gap to bridge.

“I think we are getting better,” he said. “We are getting used to his training and how he wants us to play in the games, but of course there are times when it doesn’t connect at all.

“Overall, I think we’re doing the right thing and adapting in the right way. You need to know what your team-mates will be doing, and that is an area we need to improve.”

WTF does that mean? It's not chess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Ahead of tomorrow’s Europa League tie against Partizan Belgrade, Eriksen believes Spurs are improving but knows there is a gap to bridge.

“I think we are getting better,” he said. “We are getting used to his training and how he wants us to play in the games, but of course there are times when it doesn’t connect at all.

“Overall, I think we’re doing the right thing and adapting in the right way. You need to know what your team-mates will be doing, and that is an area we need to improve.”

Riddles.

Pass the ball, move towards opposition goal and shoot - simple :-)

mickman wrote: »
    Riddles.

Pass the ball, move towards opposition goal and shoot - simple :-)

Maybe Sherwood used Subbuteo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Anyone going to this game?

Myself and the old man are going. We decided bring footie boots just in case......we can't do any worse than the current form....can we??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I'm presuming he means making runs, getting into positions to move and receive the ball.

As far as i can see poch wants the 3 behind the striker interchanging so doesn't want 2 guys central or 2 guys wide looking to receive the ball. Wants 1 to move into that position and the other to stay.hence having your full backs bombing on for width.

Personally I'd have Eriksen deeper with Mason and a leftie on the left and a righty on the right but hey, what do i know

I couldn't make out Ade in the any of the training pictures/videos, looks like either Soldado or Kane will lead the line.

Might stick a few quid on us to win by 2 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

As Left Back On The Bench says Poch's system is all about the dynamic movement of the front four/five. In order for it to be effective the players need to, almost by instinct, know what the other is going to do.

In simple terms, Eriksen is just saying the team needs more time to gel.

Might stick a few quid on us to win by 2 goals.

Safe bet, conceded at least two in there last three matches. Still I wouldn't expect a thriller. Clean sheet would be nice.

• Advertisement

Safe bet, conceded at least two in there last three matches. Still I wouldn't expect a thriller. Clean sheet would be nice.

Odd on PP are nothing to get excited about - 2/1 for spurs -2

Some of the odds on both teams to score look promising enough considering both defenses are leaky.Both teams to score and spurs to win is 5/1 I think.

Some of the odds on both teams to score look promising enough considering both defenses are leaky.Both teams to score and spurs to win is 5/1 I think.

That's a good bet, even with Partizan only scoring one in the Europa so far.

I wouldn't go mad on the handicap bets, I think you'll see an attacking line of

Ceballos - Paulinho - Lennon

There's talk of Poch giving a run out to the likes of Harry Winks too.

There's a good few players missing and a lot more he'll want to rest before Sunday.

We've played 16 matches since the Liverpool game and kept just three clean sheets (Partizan, Southampton, Brighton) - that's a pretty shocking record!

That's a good bet, even with Partizan only scoring one in the Europa so far.

Actually, I'm mistaken. Knew it was too good to be true.

15/8 for both to score and a spurs win.

6/1 for a score draw doesn't look too bad considering our line up is weak as you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Anyone know if the match is on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

ruiseal wrote: »
    Anyone know if the match is on TV?

It's on ITV4.

Actually, I'm mistaken. Knew it was too good to be true.

15/8 for both to score and a spurs win.

6/1 for a score draw doesn't look too bad considering our line up is weak as you suggest.

I don't think I'd back the win & BTTS at 15/8.

Our team will be weak but I can't see us not winning. We played Partizan on a horrible pitch which levelled both team's ability. It'll be a different story at WHL, even with a weak team. Partizan were beaten comfortably away to Asteras Tripolis and have even less to play for now.

Surely Soldado has got to score tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

TEAM
    Lloris (c), Naughton, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Stambouli; Lennon, Paulinho, Lamela; Soldado.

SUBS

Vorm, Ball, Dier, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Winks, Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A nice handy win would be grand thank you......coys

• Advertisement

Crowd is painfully quiet.

Davies is way up top in good area's, just get the ball in the box. Lamella is trying to over complicate things.

Great ball, gotta score.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Great run forward by the pitch Invader.....sign him up....quick

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Dembele is gone to pot altogether

Loads of possession but Belgrade have had the better chances and they are a terrible team

Defeat on Sunday looks a certainty

Nobody in midfield imposing themselves. Need a goal to bring this game to life. Keeper having a free ride at the moment.

Great play until it landed to Paulinho.

mickman wrote: »
    Dembele is gone to pot altogether

Loads of possession but Belgrade have had the better chances and they are a terrible team

Defeat on Sunday looks a certainty

True Mick.

Both out full backs are going forward at the same time, leaving just two in central defence.

If we loose on Sunday, Poch will prbbably Everton had two hours more rest than us.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

. Keeper having a free ride at the moment.

The Durty Fecker :p

• Advertisement

WTF is going on?

Advertisement