Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Pre planned???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

What will happen if the match is abandoned? 3-0 away win?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is is home or away fans that's acting the bollix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

They're saying it's the away fans.

Either way, it's Tottenham who will get the blame for failing to control the situation. ITV now saying it was coordinated by one of the away fans.

• Advertisement

As for the match, Stambouli is worryingly slow.

It's our usual performance - slow play and narrow, easy to defend against. We'll probably go one nil down, they'll get a player sent off and then we will scrape a last minute winner.

Well it's the most exciting thing that happened in the first half whatever it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

We should do this in all our away watches. 0-3 win easy...

Naughtons attempted cross lol.

Every time Naughton has got down the right he has fooked up his cross. It's completely embarrassing for somebody call themselves a professional footballer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Yay :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Soldado is unable to get a goal. Its amazing.

Stamboli! at last........

I feel bad for Soldado.... I think that a couple of goals will open the floodgates!

This is better play from Spurs.

Can't understand why Lennon and Lamela don't switch wings from time to time.

Every time either of them get the ball, they cut inside.

We need to mix up the play a bit better as we are far to predictable..

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

It's soooo slow. Boring to watch.

This is what annoys me about this Spurs team... Naughton has given the ball away a number of times and his crosses have been piss poor - yet nobody on the pitch gave him a bollocking. Is their any leadership? Is their any standards at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

This is what annoys me about this Spurs team... Naughton has given the ball away a number of times and his crosses have been piss poor - yet nobody on the pitch gave him a bollocking. Is their any leadership? Is their any standards at all??

He looks like he might cry....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

jesus this is slow haven't seen any on the ground one touch play at all. its like every player wants it nice and handy, they want plenty of time on the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

****ing paulinho turning his back on that ball in instead of attacking it. that's unforgivable and if we had someone on the pitch who ****ing cared hed take the head of paulinho for that. disgraceful

Clean-sheet....... boooooooooooom!!

Now all we have to do is get a draw in Partizan. Win the group and then get Celtic in the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Bloody hell that rubbish would put you to sleep, terrible game and performance.

Into the knockout phase so It's job done..not a great team performance tonight but I'd give Lamela my motm.

Poor performance, good result. Hopefully there won't be any repercussions for the pitch encroachments.

tippspur wrote: »
    Into the knockout phase so It's job done..not a great team performance tonight but I'd give Lamela my motm.

He's growing in confidence and should get better the more games he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The France international believes that opposition teams has comprehended how to play against them.

Lloris has now urged his teammates to counter those measures by making themselves more versatile and bringing variety to their game.

“Other teams know how to play against us – they stay behind the ball and play on the counterattack,” Uefa.com quotes the 27-year-old as saying.

“We have a style with a lot of short passes and therefore any mistake can be a big opportunity for the opponents. We need to resolve this problem, to be tighter and try to find confidence again.

“You need to have the feeling at the end of the game that you have no regrets and in the last few games at home [in the league] we left the pitch with a lot of regrets.”

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Bloody hell that rubbish would put you to sleep, terrible game and performance.

Agree

tippspur wrote: »

Couldn't disagree more. A couple of good moments against a crap team is not good enough for me. He gave the ball away too many times, aimless driblles ending in nothing...not good enough.

• Advertisement

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-starlets-harry-winks-and-josh-onomah-set-to-be-given-first-team-chance-by-mauricio-pochettino-9914687.html

I'd like to see Josh Onomah get a 10-15 min run out tonight. Onomah is meant to be the big star of the youth team.

Advertisement