Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Was a poor ball but Lamela needed to go wide. He's had a shocking game

Agreed. His time is up. I'm fed up waiting on him to cone good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lamela has been poor since he came on. And Eriksen has given away a lot of possession with sloppy passing. We were better overall, but it wasn't a great performance, at least not after the first 20 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Lamella was absolutely shocking when he came on. I think he's running out of time at our club

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great first half, played out of there skins, was very surprised, should of been outta sight. Soldado looked great.

Second half flat, no idea how to break them down, players running down blind alleys.

Tottenham will always get to this stage with ease, quarter finals. Beyond that, unlikely for now. It's a merry dance that'll continue next season and beyond...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

When they stopped us attacking down the right, we looked clueless with no idea to break them.

Pooch Tactless.

Playing Eriksen out wide is brainless.

Verts and Bentaleb were good.

Walker and Townsend need to cross the ball first time, doing drag backs only gives the opposition more time to reorganise.

Forwards always want the ball played in first time as they have already made their runs.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Disappointing result after the great start we had,once they parked the bus it was the same old story for us,couldn't break them down and when we did get a chance we couldn't take it,Eriksen is totally off the boil these days,he's done nothing of worth for the past three or four games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

First of 6 games in 17 days I heard the chap on today fm news say earlier today...
    ... was hoping we'd crush them tonight and send a 2nd string team to the away match. No such luck now.

The inevitable points dropping is bound to start reoccurring now.

You think fringe players like Paulinho would be trying to play their way into contention for a place in the cup final but you wouldn't think it after watching that excuse of a performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Any place to watch the"highlights" ? I don't have bt sports... Looks like I missed feck all though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

davycc wrote: »
    Any place to watch the"highlights" ? I don't have bt sports... Looks like I missed feck all though

Very poor lacklustre performance against a so called big Italian team. Good until we scored and then just poor. Normal service has been resumed (for the moment hopefully:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Lads this was a very poor result. We are up against it now next week away in florence, they will be hard to break down and we will find it very difficult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Im hoping we go a goal down in the final....
    We find it hard when we go a goal up ....(most times).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I must be watching a difffernt match. He's always on a different channel to those around him. Very individualistic. Like even the free he gave away for their goal wasn't a case of defending, it was pride and the fact he'd been beaten. He had to win the battle bit ultimately lose the war. Always for himself. Never hooked up with the rest of his teammates. Yes he works hard, makes great runs etc but the end result is just so poor. His goal scoring prowess is abysmal. He needs to go back to Spain.

I though he played really well. Great finish for the goal, played a peach of a pass through to Chadli who should've scored before that, which won the corner which led to the goal. Great bikey unfortunately straight at the keeper, great glancing header which keeper parried well leading to Chadli hitting the crossbar, and he worked his socks off. How you can call him selfish is beyond me, he's top notch at bringing others into the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

adebayour didnt make the squad last night and apparently he didnt even show up to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

davycc wrote: »

Highlights

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-tv/highlights/europa-league/

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2015/0331/691084-uefa-prize-money-boost-for-loi-clubs/

The Europa League prize money will increase by 65%.

A small positive for us for next season...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3213914/UEFA-Europa-League-draw-2015-16-guide-Pots-time-Liverpool-Tottenham-Celtic-await-discover-opponents.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Tottenham, meanwhile will be at home against Crystal Palace on September 20, three days after matchday one. Their next three Europa League games, though, will be followed by away Premier League trips a few days later - Swansea on October 4, Bournemouth on October 25 and the north London derby at Arsenal on November 8.
    Mauricio Pochettino's side also face Chelsea at home on Sunday, November 29 after matchday five and then Newcastle at home on December 13/14 after their final Europa League group game.

Sweet draw for a change!

Monaco,
    Anderlecht
    Ballbag

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP J
    Tottenham, Anderlecht, Monaco, Qarabag

Tricky group, I think this is good for us. We have to give at least a good go to qualify for the next round. New players will be able to show up what they are made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Anderlecht away be tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Monaco could be tough, were they champions league last year?

• Advertisement

That travel to Qarabag will be a killer. At least the other two should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Anderlecht away be tasty

I did this one a few years ago (2007 I think)

Brussles is a great town for a beer - 100's of micro breweries

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Monaco could be tough, were they champions league last year?

Yeah they have a lot of quality players, not least 2 guys we've bid for, Martial and Moutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah they have a lot of quality players, not least 2 guys we've bid for, Martial and Moutinho.

Didn't they splash the cash and are now bankrupt?

irishmover wrote: »
    Didn't they splash the cash and are now bankrupt?

Yeah they had to sell the likes of James Rodriguez and Falcao, but they seem to have recovered a bit.

Abdennour, Toulalan, El Sharrawy are all quality. Ricky Carvalho still going strong too.

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah they had to sell the likes of James Rodriguez and Falcao, but they seem to have recovered a bit.

Abdennour, Toulalan, El Sharrawy are all quality. Ricky Carvalho still going strong too.

**** that's CL quality.

Good. We need to be playing good teams, otherwise it's just a **** tournament until the last few rounds.

Kiith wrote: »
    Good. We need to be playing good teams, otherwise it's just a **** tournament until the last few rounds.

Yeh I'm not complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Good that it's only one long distance away trip. Hopefully, there won't be as many Europa League Sunday hangovers as previous seasons.

• Advertisement

Just under an 8000km round trip 3 days before Chelsea game.

Advertisement