Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't see Pouch doing it but I would literally do a Mick McCarthy and field the worst team possible. I can get behind going for the double but this competition as nice as it would be to win it (that can be said about anything) I wouldn't jeopardise what we have going on in the league.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Won't happen. He'll play half the 1st team, and the rest of the 2nd string guys.

Vorm, Davies, Dier, Wimmer, Tripper, Carroll, Bentelab, Chadli, Lamella, Son and Kane. That's what the team will look like i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Kiith wrote: »
    Won't happen. He'll play half the 1st team, and the rest of the 2nd string guys.

Vorm, Davies, Dier, Wimmer, Tripper, Carroll, Bentelab, Chadli, Lamella, Son and Kane. That's what the team will look like i'd say.

He might play Toby & Wimmer together to improve their understanding. I wish we had kept Pritchard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I reckon Toby, Dier, Dembele, Kane and Alli will all start. Hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:

I'd be very happy with that team with the exception of Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Ormus wrote: »
    I reckon Toby, Dier, Dembele, Kane and Alli will all start. Hope I'm wrong.

agree. 3 games before next premiership game. Will be important to get a good result in first leg, then hopefully rest some for the 2nd leg, before the swans come to the lane.

"In the last action at City, Hugo got a knock on his shoulder & is out tomorrow & maybe out for Sunday," Pochettino said.

I don't mind him being out for the next 3 games, as long as he's back for the next PL game.

Kimsang wrote: »
    agree. 3 games before next premiership game. Will be important to get a good result in first leg, then hopefully rest some for the 2nd leg, before the swans come to the lane.

I think we'll go full strength for the Europa second leg too, unless it's sown up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Kimsang wrote: »
    "In the last action at City, Hugo got a knock on his shoulder & is out tomorrow & maybe out for Sunday," Pochettino said.

We have 6 fixtures in 17 days, that's nearly one every 3 days. I'm not that disappointed that he's out as we need Vorm to get some game time to keep him in trim, he's started every cup game anyway

Remember over christmas when we were last this busy? CX7kUXEWkAE2Ojj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think we always dream of Poch rotating the full 11 in one go but it never happens. I guess he sees momentum just as important as rotation. We're second in the league, who am I to complain?

It will be interesting to see if Levy's instructions regarding the Europa have changed in recent weeks. We most likely don't have to win it to get Champions League football now.

We seen to have a good rotation system going, until we get injuries I'm not overly worried

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Id love to win the Europa Leauge. Wish if it was like the old days, straight knock out though, real cup style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

Lloris out for this and palace fa cup game with shoulder injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Not sure what teams will be selected. Cagey draw imo.

Please don't play Kane.

I'd be very surprised if Kane doesn't start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

we are live on setanta sports 1 programme starts at 17:55 hrs

lets hope he picks a weak ish team i want out of this thursday/sunday bermuda triangle ;)

gar wrote: »
    Lloris out for this and palace fa cup game with shoulder injury.

Not a bad time for Poch to be forced to start Vorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Spurs XI vs. Fiorentina: Vorm; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Carroll, Mason; Eriksen, Alli, Son; Chadli.

Subs: McGee, Rose, Walker, Dembele, Dier, Onomah, Kane

prodsc wrote: »
    Spurs XI vs. Fiorentina: Vorm; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Carroll, Mason; Eriksen, Alli, Son; Chadli.

Dier, Dembele and Kane all rested, great to see.

And great to see Mason back. Love his attitude. He was really hitting form when he got injured.

Ormus wrote: »
    And great to see Mason back. Love his attitude. He was really hitting form when he got injured.

He's been given the captain's armband too.

I'm happy with that. Only worry I have is Alderweirld. Verts is back soon so Wimmer will get a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Not as strong a team we thought would be out tonight,we would do well to get a draw.

tippspur wrote: »
    Not as strong a team we thought would be out tonight,we would do well to get a draw.

I'm hoping if we win we can rest Toby for the second leg and play Dier at centre back.

Would take a draw right now with that line up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Patww79 wrote: »

http://streamhd.eu/fiorentina-vs-tottenham-hotspur-live-stream.html

cheeky stream here ;)

coys:D

Advertisement