Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Any idea about Lamela? He is not even on the bench..

he travelled to the game with the squad but he is sick with a virus .. hope he gets better asap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm happy enough with that. Not the best performance, but got the away goal and didn't concede a 2nd (though we came close). Should be strong enough to go through at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

full time 1-1 we should destroy them at whl.. in other comical news manu lost 2-1 away to an unknown danish team currently doing there winter break who hadnt kicked a ball in mths:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Any idea about Lamela? He is not even on the bench..
    He's sick.

Unlucky not to win but still a good result,an away goal in the bank aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Its weird they had him sitting in the stands wen it was pissing rain last night..... If hes sick then leave him in london surely??

On the game we looked a bit like the old spurs to be honest. Dominated for a hour but couldnt kill the game off. If chadli can finish his great chance it makes it 2-0 and the tie is over. But it gives us a serious match next week instead. But wouldve taken 1-1 before kickoff

Also i havent read back so dont know if its been said but masons 'block' for the equaliser cannot not be whats expected of someone wearing the armband. Not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

And Pochettino says that he will “try to teach” Alli in regards to that side of his game.

Speaking after the match, the Argentine said: “We need to look at the video and try to teach him.

“He is a young player and he has a lot to learn about elite football. It is his first season in the Premier League at Tottenham.

“He came from League One, he needs to learn a lot, still learn. But I didn’t see (the incident). Some people say ‘yes’, say ‘no’, so I don’t know.”

Pochettino had insisted leading into the contest that he was still taking the Europa League seriously despite now being one of the favourites to claim the Premier League crown.

He may have changed over half of his side for the trip to Florence, but he maintains that is a necessity if Spurs are to challenge on three fronts – with an FA Cup fifth-round tie at home to Palace next up on Sunday.

“It is important to play with the squad,” he said.

“We have a strong squad to try to fight for every competition, we need to use all of the squad. I am happy with all of the players.

“Six changes from the City game and I’m happy, it is not important to talk about using the squad. It is important how we compete, we have big motivation.”

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

What happened to Bentalab? Was he rested or out sick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

What happened to Bentalab? Was he rested or out sick?

Seems he just wasn't in the squad, while being fit.

Suspect he will be sold in the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Patww79 wrote: »

I tend to agree that he has ideas above his station. I think we can manage without him to be honest. I could be totally wrong about his attitude of course, but something does not seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Kane out of tomorrow night with a broken nose - Chadli's time to prove he can do it up front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

clean sheet will do. *fingers crossed*. so far de ja vu from this time last season, draw 1-1 with fiorentina, lose the cup game, hopefully we won't lose again at the lane 2:0

Dembele out aswel,could be out for a few weeks,disappointing news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Much as I wouldn't be disappointed if we did crash out here I can't help but start to get a little bit giddy when it gets to last 16 time of any competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

i have a dreaded feeling that we may get knocked out tonight......then the doubts will be well and truly creeping in.....Now i am getting the feeling of being very nervous before the game.. (never like this before)..my utd mates have told me that i will be ****ting it when it gets even closer !!!!!!ie April if we are still in the hunt!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll be a tough game, especially without Dembele and Kane. Hopefully we're strong enough to see us through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

90 mins. 1-1 draw. 30 mins of extra time. We go out on penalties or to an o.g. late in ET. Something spursy.

120 mins of football, knocked out and end up with a bunch of exhausted players vs Swansea.

To me this is the perfect acid test to find out if there still is the old spursy mentality in the dressing room.

Get at them quickly and have to be 2 up at half time. Anything less and those doubts will start creeping back in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

MrKingsley wrote: »
    To me this is the perfect acid test to find out if there still is the old spursy mentality in the dressing room.

Get at them quickly and have to be 2 up at half time. Anything less and those doubts will start creeping back in

Bit harsh I think. They're a pretty decent side, 3rd in Serie A. They could upset most teams on their day. Hopefully this isn't one of those days.

• Advertisement

We had them by the throat in the away leg and let them off the hook. If we play to our potential i have no doubt that this will be a straightforward result.

They will be playing a weakened side with Napoli their next match after and didnt look at all impressive for 70 minutes at home.

However if they only need a goal to force extra time or win it with 20 minutes left it'll be nervy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

MrKingsley wrote: »
    We had them by the throat in the away leg and let them off the hook. If we play to our potential i have no doubt that this will be a straightforward result.

They will be playing a weakened side with Napoli their next match after and didnt look at all impressive for 70 minutes at home.

However if they only need a goal to force extra time or win it with 20 minutes left it'll be nervy

I reckon they'll be full strength. They rested players at the weekend to be ready for this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Sure who'd want to watch their brutal style of football :P

Would love us to go all the way in this competition. You can never go wrong with a bit of silverware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Spurs line-up: Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Dier, Mason; Lamela, Alli, Eriksen; Chadli

Cameron Carter-Vickers is on the bench along with Vorm, Rose, Bentaleb, Winks, Onomah and Son

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

Nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

It was definitely listed as free to air and then it just knocked off. 😠😠😠

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

larry1 wrote: »

It is for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'd be disappointed if we didn't progress. Eriksen/Chadli to fire us through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

larry1 wrote: »

:)COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement