Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only saw bits and pieces of the game. Apart from Kane hitting the post did Spurs have any other chance????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Hey, Spurs fans, learn something from the Belgrade fans, they're non stop chanting and singing, why can't WHL be like that, why can't we get behind the team instead of whining and moaning like a sad shower of b@stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Glebee wrote: »
    Only saw bits and pieces of the game. Apart from Kane hitting the post did Spurs have any other chance????
    Negatory...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Final whistle 0-0.

It's gonna be like this as it is every year, score a few goals play partially well a home, play a semi decent side and get knocked out, rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hey, Spurs fans, learn something from the Belgrade fans, they're non stop chanting and singing, why can't WHL be like that, why can't we get behind the team instead of whining and moaning like a sad shower of b@stards.

It's become middle class - fans looking to be entertained more than supporting the team

Also a Lot of passionate support has been priced out of going

Same in nearly all PL clubs

Home club Atmospheres are usually awful

Away support is a lot more fun/vocal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A draw away from home is ok with me,Just as well Belgrade were as bad as we were.thought Kane,Davies and Bentaleb were poor for us,Stambouli looked good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Did my ironing while watching the 2nd half. The ironing was much more entertaining.

Had hoped our fringe players would use the EL games to stake a claim for a more regular place in the epl match day squads but none of them did themselves any favours.

Stambolui did good in patches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Soldado and Lamela looked good in context of this game. What the fcuk was Kane doing when Soldado landed the ball on his head on the 6yd line?

Davies makes Rose look like he knows what he's doing.

Bentaleb, horror show.

That said, tough atmosphere, a lot of racial tension, 1pt away is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Thursday's match won't be easy, if Arsenal CL qualifiers against Besiktas are anything to go by. If we play an under-strength team we could be punished. I guess this is where we find out if Poch's heart is in the Europa League or not.

Hopefully Soldado plays 60 mins, with a view to starting on Sunday.

Vertonghen and Kaboul should be rested, if Poch is happy they can consistently perform as they did in the Emirates.

I'm sure Townsend and Lennon will start as inverted wingers, maybe Harry Kane will play as a second striker/No. 10.

• Advertisement

Should be a feisty game, Ba caused Arsenal all kinds of problems. It's about jugging the right players around tonight. Southampton on Sunday, gotta come away with three points.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Should be a tough game... That arrogant flooker Bilic does my head in..
    He was throwing his name in the hat for the Spurs job at the time the Croats were at the club....never liked him.
    Reckon they'll go gung ho at us..
    Lots of goals tonight people.
    Spurs 4-2 Besiktas.
    Soldado to play 60 mins and get a brace and kick start his season at home to Southampton.
    Coys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

This won't be easy . Back to Earth after arsenal 1-2 to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

we on the telly? or am I looking at tracking down a stream

3e and ITV4.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

We are on E3 and ITV4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Should be a tough game... That arrogant flooker Bilic does my head in..
    He was throwing his name in the hat for the Spurs job at the time the Croats were at the club....never liked him.

Met him in Sopot as his team bus arived into the Sheraton Hotel before their game v Spain, lovely fella, took plenty of time to shake hands have a chat and photos. Funnily enough he was shocked that the whole Irish squad had been staying in the Sheraton for the entire tournament. Good guy.

Soldado has to start tonight. No doubt Paulinho & Vlad will get a run out too:eek:
    Gonna be tricky, Besiktas looked good against the Gooners and they have a shrewd defence. Hopefully the lane is rocking!

Met him in Sopot as his team bus arived into the Sheraton Hotel before their game v Spain, lovely fella, took plenty of time to shake hands have a chat and photos. Funnily enough he was shocked that the whole Irish squad had been staying in the Sheraton for the entire tournament. Good guy.

Soldado has to start tonight. No doubt Paulinho & Vlad will get a run out too:eek:
    Gonna be tricky, Besiktas looked good against the Gooners and they have a shrewd defence. Hopefully the lane is rocking!

It will be, but all the noise will be made by the away support.

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Chiriches, Davies, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Townsend, Paulinho, Kane, Soldado

Fazio & Chiriches damn...

So it looks like Kaboul & Vertonghen are first choice in regards to the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

4-4-2

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    So it looks like Kaboul & Vertonghen are first choice in regards to the league.

I'm happy enough with that. Fazio still has to come to terms with the pace of the league and Chiriches has been far from impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

soldado with a brace would be nice

awkwardboy wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with that. Fazio still has to come to terms with the pace of the league and Chiriches has been far from impressive.

Me too, hopefully Kaboul & Vertonghen both stay fit. Chiriches not really played much, Fazio looks a powerful defender, albeit slow. Rather see Dier as a CB than RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

2 up front :)

4-2 Home win :P

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lloris; Dier, Chiriches, Fazio, Davies; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Kane, Paulinho, Townsend; Soldado

COYS looks strong with 2 up top and hopefully we hammer them

I've lost any patience with Paulinho, expecting a dismal display from him. Townsend just needs to supply Soldado with crosses.

Good interview with Townsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

any streams, cant get firstrowsports.eu to do its thing

• Advertisement

Ah Vlad, that's terrible...

Advertisement