Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grad (debs) suit colour matching

• 08-08-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Hi I have my grad (or as some call it debs) in about a fortnight. I have my suit bought - navy with chocolate brown shoes and a navy/blue Dickie bow with bits of red in it
    My date is wearing a 'blood red' (her words) dress. She didnt want to match tie/Dickie bow but I feel everyone will be matching as its the done thing and we'll look a bit out of sync.
    So I was thinking about getting a red pocket square so with that and the but if red in the Dickie bow we might subtly look matched. Buuuuut , I never really noticed pocket squares much. Are they for old men? Will they look silly at a grad (debs)??
    And finally where could I get one online ? I saw one red one on debenhams but want a wider choice to ensure its the right colour
    Ohhhh and what about red cuff links? Opinions? Tacky??
    Oh and lastly would this red look stupid with a navy suit??
    Thanks!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Hi I have my grad (or as some call it debs) in about a fortnight. I have my suit bought - navy with chocolate brown shoes and a navy/blue Dickie bow with bits of red in it
    My date is wearing a 'blood red' (her words) dress. She didnt want to match tie/Dickie bow but I feel everyone will be matching as its the done thing and we'll look a bit out of sync.
    So I was thinking about getting a red pocket square so with that and the but if red in the Dickie bow we might subtly look matched. Buuuuut , I never really noticed pocket squares much. Are they for old men? Will they look silly at a grad (debs)??
    And finally where could I get one online ? I saw one red one on debenhams but want a wider choice to ensure its the right colour
    Ohhhh and what about red cuff links? Opinions? Tacky??
    Oh and lastly would this red look stupid with a navy suit??
    Thanks!!!

OK so first thing you never ever want to Mach your date you want to wear clothes and colours that complement what they are wearing but you don't want to match.

For cufflinks I don't know about the red it depends on the style of the cuff links. I'd just go to your jewellers and buy and simple sliver pair in a classic design that will go with any outift.

A pocket square would look good and would be grands for a grads/debs. Now once again you don't want your pocket square and dickie bow to be matching with the same design and same could you want them to complement each other same as your date you don't want to match.

Lastly make sure that you suits fits properly if it doesn't go and have it tailored it isn't that expensive and will make it look 10 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

OK so first thing you never ever want to Mach your date you want to wear clothes and colours that complement what they are wearing but you don't want to match.

For cufflinks I don't know about the red it depends on the style of the cuff links. I'd just go to your jewellers and buy and simple sliver pair in a classic design that will go with any outift.

A pocket square would look good and would be grands for a grads/debs. Now once again you don't want your pocket square and dickie bow to be matching with the same design and same could you want them to complement each other same as your date you don't want to match.

Lastly make sure that you suits fits properly if it doesn't go and have it tailored it isn't that expensive and will make it look 10 times better.

Yeah how much would it be to take in the legs of the pants the whole way up ? And roughly how long would it take?

Yeah how much would it be to take in the legs of the pants the whole way up ? And roughly how long would it take?

You'd want to tell your tailor that you want the leg of your pants taken in the whole way up and make sure to say you don't want them tapered at all. Cost wise I don't really know I've never needed to get it done someone else might know? Time wise it should take between 3-5 days once again depending on the tailor.

I'd recommend posting a fit pic up here and we can tell if anything else needs to be done. Make sure if you do go to the tailor to have the whole suit with you and the shoes your going to be wearing with it. Lastly if you tell us where abouts you are someone should be able to recommended a tailor in your area.

Dya mind if I pm ya a pic if the trousers ?

Dya mind if I pm ya a pic if the trousers ?

It would be best to post up a pic here wearing the full suit and shoes you can cut out your head if you want. Then other posters will be able to advise you on the fit as well.

• Advertisement

Quite frankly they're too big, but the smaller size was fairly tight
    I'm gonna get the legs taken in I think but how do I decide by how much? And would it be possible to take in the arse/waist too?!
    Thanks

Quite frankly they're too big, but the smaller size was fairly tight
    I'm gonna get the legs taken in I think but how do I decide by how much? And would it be possible to take in the arse/waist too?!
    Thanks

Are you sure the small size is too tight because really if it isn't you'd be better off getting it. You'll need to get the pants taken in and taken up and you'll need to get the waist taken in. By how much bring it to a tailor and get them to see ye can decide together what will be best. I'd really advise trying a size down and returning the pair you have as it will be a lot cheaper and easier.

My brothers getting the smaller size tomorrow. Won't have it til the weekend might put up a pic then thanks

Advertisement