Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching 1 bed Apartment?

Options
  • 08-08-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi folks.

The girlfriend and myself are looking for a 1 bedroom apartment around the UCD campus for 750 max....

Do things like this actually exist close to UCD or would it be all houseshares in the area?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Try searching on Daft, if you haven't already, maybe around Stillorgan? I think you would probably have to pay closer to a grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

bearhugs wrote: »
    Try searching on Daft, if you haven't already, maybe around Stillorgan? I think you would probably have to pay closer to a grand though.

Crikey! A grand's not do-able. I'm going to IADT and my girlfriend to UCD so looking for a 1 bed in between's gonna be a pain in the rump by the looks of things.

Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Hmm I wonder would it be cheaper to look in Dun Laoghaire? Good bus service from there to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

bearhugs wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder would it be cheaper to look in Dun Laoghaire? Good bus service from there to UCD.

Half my course is in city centre so I thought around UCD would be halfway between there and IADT.... but with the prices in that area I reckon we'll have to look into Dun Laoghaire also. Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciaraofcourse

The Ranelagh / Rathmines area has the type of flat you're looking for. Usually townhouses that have been renovated into small 1 bed apartments of varying quality. Not the most spacious but rent is a bit reduced as a result, the odd time you'll see one around the 750 mark. Nice area to live in. 15-20 minute cycle to UCD, handy for city centre too but a bit awkward for Dun Laoghaire.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I actually know of an apt of this style available at the moment for 825. If you can stretch to that price PM me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement