Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rates Question

Options
  • 08-08-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Im looking at a few units to rent/lease and I dont want my lack of knowledge show when I ask questions so maybe someone can answer this for me...

Looking at a stand alone unit I obviously pay rent and rates.
    However, if I take a unit in a shopping centre does the rent I pay to the Shopping Centre cover the rates or is that seperate again?

The reason I ask is when looking at costs of stand alone units the Estate Agent usually quotes the rates as well, or at least gives a rough estimate of rates...

When looking at units within a Shopping Centre rates are never included in the rental spec given by the Estate Agent.

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

There can be up to 3 numbers that make up a commercial rental figure
    Rent
    Service charges
    Rates

It is perfectly normal to ask for the actual detail of these and to seek indemnity that they are all up to date or at least that no liability carries forward to you as the new tenant.

Advertisement