Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motor Bike Experiences

• 08-08-2014 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Obviously there are plenty of places listed on google but a company isnt gonna tell ya they're crap :P

Was just hoping for some first hand stories. Basically I have a cousin with a 21st b.day and shes mad to get a bike but with college and all that it will be at least a year before she gets a chance. So we thought a few of us would chip in and get her one of those motorbike experiences. Now she's never even sat on a bike before- so it would have to be something basic enough like a couple laps on a track or something.

Could anyone recommend anywhere decent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Halfbaker

Try Leinster Driving Campus, It's near Maynooth in Co. Kildare. Motorcycle lessons there are not on public roads so you don't need a licence. I had a lesson there years ago before getting my own bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

Halfbaker wrote: »
    Try Leinster Driving Campus, It's near Maynooth in Co. Kildare. Motorcycle lessons there are not on public roads so you don't need a licence. I had a lesson there years ago before getting my own bike

Yeh they were one of the top results in google and not too far from Dublin either which is perfect.

But can I just ask, how did you find it? Was it good? Or was it like some of the car places that just want to get people in and out as quick as possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

There is a motorbikes sub forum within this section. Better info there.

Basically you need to complete a compulsory training course before you can even get a licence. The schools/instructors that provide such a service also have bikes for you to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Halfbaker

gunny558 wrote: »
    Yeh they were one of the top results in google and not too far from Dublin either which is perfect.

But can I just ask, how did you find it? Was it good? Or was it like some of the car places that just want to get people in and out as quick as possible?

This is all about 6 or 7 years ago though, so things may have changed since then..but I found it very good, the instructor was excellent. Austin was his name, (no idea if he's still there or not), he even came with me to look at a bike I was buying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Why not try one of the quad off road experiences. I found them a lot of fun and a bit safer than on a two wheels if she just wants to tear it up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Why not get her to do IBT training on the schools bike? She will have to do it sometime anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

Halfbaker wrote: »

The fella down there who does the bikes, Paul Dobbins.
    Top man :cool:

Advertisement