Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in Dundalk for late 20s

Options
  • 08-08-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm 29 and new to the Dundalk area. I know there are old posts on this subject, but I figured Dundalk may have changed since 2006!

Wondering what the best club would be for someone my age, preferably in Dundalk, but possibly Navan or Drogheda otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The Bridge club would be good for someone as old as you. Poker is probably too exciting and might give you a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Edit: Moved to regional forum so my pisstake comment is probably no longer welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Have moved your thread to the Region forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ridleys is the only club for anyone over 20 really and unless its a Fri or Sat night is usually full of 16/17/18 year olds.

Silence is always full of 16-21 year olds, You wouldnt find too many over 22 in it

The Garden/Eden beside Ridleys would have an older crowd (only opens till 1) or Brubakers, although since it re-opened they seem to have got the clientele from Good Time Chariles, i.e its full of scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...re-opened...

I didn't know it had closed!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I didn't know it had closed!

They done it up, Stayed open for most of the renovations but was closed for a 1 or 2 weekends if Im not mistaken.
    Anyway since it has been done up, them seem to be letting a rougher/younger crowd in every night.
    It use to be full of mid/late 20's, now its full of kids and scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

What about pubs/late bars for 30yo+ people on Friday night after racing? Don't like clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What are you looking for ?

Quiet ? Band ? Disco bar? Packed bar with decent people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Any type really. Just don't like night club type places.

Brubakers is a kinda Disco bar job. I don't personally rate it and find the locals not to my liking.

Courtneys is my favour of the season. Was in there recently with friends and had a great night. Band playing and really cool people in there.

Beer Keeper, grand spot, generally empties out into Ridleys though during the weekend but good music and good people.

Kennedys, nice for a good pint with a decent bunch in there.

Spirit Store, hit and miss sometimes. You may get a great bunch of people if there's a band on or it may be completely isolated. Just check their website for some idea as to whats happening. By far my favourite watering hole in town though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭The Darkroom

It depends on what kind of lad you are. Brubakers is hit and miss, courtneys is a good spot, beer keeper and spirit store are usually reserved for the indie, grunge, death metal and overly opinonated/philosophical type so I'd avoid there unless you're going to see a band then straight back into town again ( from the spirit store at least ). but if you hate TV and normal day to day chats and love to have a conversation on why the moon revolves around the earth then by all means go to the spirit store. Castletown bar is good for the pool and has a lot of your age group in it and ridleys is a good spot as well. I'd avoid silence.

beer keeper and spirit store are usually reserved for the indie, grunge, death metal and overly opinonated/philosophical type so I'd avoid there unless you're going to see a band then straight back into town again ( from the spirit store at least ). but if you hate TV and normal day to day chats and love to have a conversation on why the moon revolves around the earth then by all means go to the spirit store.
    Wow, somebody piss in your pint Darkroom? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭The Darkroom

MugMugs wrote: »
    Wow, somebody piss in your pint Darkroom? :)

No but if they did, it would probably taste better than what half the pubs in town dish out on any given weekend. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

finbarrk wrote: »
    What about pubs/late bars for 30yo+ people on Friday night after racing? Don't like clubs.

Toales has live music every weekend, decent crowd and good pints.

Can be a tight squeeze at times in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

Toales would be my favourite bar in town too.We don't go out much anymore so when we do it's always Toales or Bartender.Decent people and great pints in both.

Advertisement