Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festool Basis Plus- Am I mad?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

davidwoods wrote: »
    Hey, have been a joiner for ten years now and have a few decent tools( deealt, makita bosch)but have heard great things about festool and am thinking of getting a few bits. Does anyone know if there is any deals to be had or where is the best place to buy festool ?? Cheers

Great tools but would be more of a cabinet makers kit than a joiners. Especially if your out site fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davidwoods

I Make kitchens mon-fri. But can see a lot of people want one off pieces made ( tables , chairs and bookcases). Festool cost ALOT, but I've never heard a bad thing about them. Do you use them yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

davidwoods wrote: »
    I Make kitchens mon-fri. But can see a lot of people want one off pieces made ( tables , chairs and bookcases). Festool cost ALOT, but I've never heard a bad thing about them. Do you use them yourself ?

Loads of kitchen guys have festool, that's why festool make all of the angle drives and short heads.

A kitchen fitter friend of mine has his all lined up under his 30 foot workbench, the whole space is full of festool!!

I have festool gear too and it's terrific and no I am not a tradesman, I just like good quality tools.

Advertisement