Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shops in Maynooth

Options
  • 08-08-2014 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hey all - I'm moving house soon and have a good bit of clothes, books etc that I want to give in to a charity shop. The SVP shop at the side of the Greenfields shops is nearest to me, but I've heard rumours that you can only drop stuff into their shop on Main St - is that true? Don't have a car so the Greenfields one would be so much handier to bring stuff to. Haven't had a chance to go to the shop and ask so I'm hoping one of you know :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hey all - I'm moving house soon and have a good bit of clothes, books etc that I want to give in to a charity shop. The SVP shop at the side of the Greenfields shops is nearest to me, but I've heard rumours that you can only drop stuff into their shop on Main St - is that true? Don't have a car so the Greenfields one would be so much handier to bring stuff to. Haven't had a chance to go to the shop and ask so I'm hoping one of you know :)

I've dropped stuff into them before. No Problem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No , it is the opposite way around .
    The shop in Greenfield accepts most things .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just dropped 4 bags into them last week, very handy for parking

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Do you know if they accept household items? I have bedside lockers, lights, etc that I'd like to give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

None of them take any electrical items generally; small furniture usually is fine along with most other household items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

MYOB wrote: »
    None of them take any electrical items generally; small furniture usually is fine along with most other household items.

Great thanks for that. I'll drop into them this week.

Advertisement