Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertile Window

Options
  • 08-08-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

During the 6 days "Fertile Window" am I meant to have mucus?? Today is meant to be Day 2 of my "Fertile Window" and I have no mucus, not wet (TMI sorry) Is this normal??

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

What method are you using to calculate?

Your mucus during fertile time should resemble raw egg white - clear, stretchy and slippery.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

Thanks Neyite
    I downloaded one of the apps where I entered the length of cycle and whenperiod starts and ends. Tellin me now sould be my fertile window but im so dry. Is this normal?

Using ovulation predict tests to.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'd go by the sticks and what your body is telling you to be honest, apps are great but you might ovulate later or earlier than the average woman which is probably what the app calculates.

The other thing to bear in mind that some medications can dry up your mucus.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Neyite wrote: »
    I'd go by the sticks and what your body is telling you to be honest, apps are great but you might ovulate later or earlier than the average woman which is probably what the app calculates.

The other thing to bear in mind that some medications can dry up your mucus.

I rarely have this & I have mentioned it to my GP & the gyne previously & no one seemed bothered! I am wondering why its not there for me. I don't take any meds, so not sure why this is happening & what to do to improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I rarely have this & I have mentioned it to my GP & the gyne previously & no one seemed bothered! I am wondering why its not there for me. I don't take any meds, so not sure why this is happening & what to do to improve it?

I think sometimes your body just gets stressed when you're trying for a baby and it can dry you out. I am trying at the moment and sometimes even though you know you need to get down to business, you may not be in the mood...so I ordered "preseed" which is a sperm friendly lubricant and can help during those times. Haven't used yet but am going to soon...it just happens sometimes, everyday stresses and all of that. If it keeps happening and you're not getting preggo then I would talk to doc again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement