Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bugaboo woes :(

Options
  • 08-08-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

My baby has only recently gone into the buggy part of the cameleon and I swear his head is almost at the top!! As when I pull the hood back it kind of touches his head. The leg part seems crazy crazy long. Please tell me I am doing something wrong :confused::confused:

If this is what it supposed to be like? am I supposed to take off the hood? The strap between a his legs seems very short?

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Millem wrote: »
    My baby has only recently gone into the buggy part of the cameleon and I swear his head is almost at the top!! As when I pull the hood back it kind of touches his head. The leg part seems crazy crazy long. Please tell me I am doing something wrong :confused::confused:

If this is what it supposed to be like? am I supposed to take off the hood? The strap between a his legs seems very short?

Thanks a million :)

My 9 month old is very long, 90 something percentile. I just looked at some pictures of her in the bugaboo and when the hood is folded back in some of them the material is near her head alright but looks to me as if it's just the way it folded, that you'd be able to push it away easily enough. The strap between her legs seems short-ish alright but not uncomfortable. Her legs are long enough and are only an inch or two from the end. Never really noticed any of these things until I saw your post because she doesn't look/seem uncomfortable. I do think the shoulder straps are a bit fiddly alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Roesy wrote: »
    My 9 month old is very long, 90 something percentile. I just looked at some pictures of her in the bugaboo and when the hood is folded back in some of them the material is near her head alright but looks to me as if it's just the way it folded, that you'd be able to push it away easily enough. The strap between her legs seems short-ish alright but not uncomfortable. Her legs are long enough and are only an inch or two from the end. Never really noticed any of these things until I saw your post because she doesn't look/seem uncomfortable. I do think the shoulder straps are a bit fiddly alright though.

He is so comfortable in it I have to say. He was in the. 96th percentile but he is prob off the charts now tbh. But seriously that strap is too short. If he had an aldi nappy on it would be a super super tight squeeze. I am going to guess and say his head is an inch from the top, if the hood is folded, the hood touches his head. Do people just take off the hoods when the babies get bigger?

The seat looks out of proportion for him :( there is so much space on the leg part but his head is hitting the top.

I will be devasted if I have to stop using it soon :( I thought it did babies till they were 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

My guy sort of touches off the top of hood as well but it's not a big deal. I guess when he's bigger his head will just rest against/on top of it. Can the strap not be loosened more? I have a 2nd generation one and I can loosen it.

yellow hen wrote: »
    My guy sort of touches off the top of hood as well but it's not a big deal. I guess when he's bigger his head will just rest against/on top of it. Can the strap not be loosened more? I have a 2nd generation one and I can loosen it.

Yellow hen this is probably a stupid question.....does he not keep growing upwards? I must be blind but I can't see how to loosen crotch strap! They did everything for me in kealys so I am a bit clueless! I actually have been using the raincover upside down all this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I don't have a bugaboo but the hood on my uppababy slides up so you can move it up as baby gets taller. Is that possible with the bugaboo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I have my two in the donkey and both are quite tall-almost one and over two, and they have plenty of room. I think you can push the hood up a bit on the donkey so I'd say try that. Also, Kealy's are great for after sales service so don't hesitate to check with them. I had to look up how to put the rain covers on on youtube!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

lmullen wrote: »
    I don't have a bugaboo but the hood on my uppababy slides up so you can move it up as baby gets taller. Is that possible with the bugaboo?

Oooh I didn't actually know this, that's handy to know!

lazygal wrote: »
    I have my two in the donkey and both are quite tall-almost one and over two, and they have plenty of room. I think you can push the hood up a bit on the donkey so I'd say try that. Also, Kealy's are great for after sales service so don't hesitate to check with them. I had to look up how to put the rain covers on on youtube!

Seriously don't talk to me about that rain cover! I have it the tight way now but there are still gaps at the side :confused: kealys are amazing though! I just hate that walkinstown roundabout

My sister had the same problem with the Bugaboo. Her daughter was very tall.
    She ended up selling it on and getting a different brand more suited to taller children.
    My cousin's DS went through 3 strollers between 18 months and 3, his feet were dragging on the ground!
    For a light stroller, Maclaren is your best bet.

My own DS is extremely tall for his age, I put him in my friend's Bug once at the park and he was exploding out of it.

Certain brands are better for longer babies and children.

My sister had the same problem with the Bugaboo. Her daughter was very tall.
    She ended up selling it on and getting a different brand more suited to taller children.
    My cousin's DS went through 3 strollers between 18 months and 3, his feet were dragging on the ground!
    For a light stroller, Maclaren is your best bet.

My own DS is extremely tall for his age, I put him in my friend's Bug once at the park and he was exploding out of it.

Certain brands are better for longer babies and children.

I was afraid someone would tell me this :(:(:(

I have no idea of his height but I know he is crazy tall for his age. Still though even if he is in 12-18 month clothes (he is almost 7 months) I thought bugaboos were for children up to 4 years old?

• Advertisement

So they say....

That's probably based on the average child! I don't have an average sized one, he's been in the 97th percentile for height forever.

BTW, he hasn't got into a buggy since he was about 26 months, the idea that all kids will happily sit in one "up to four" is pure marketing!

Rang kealys, they said crotch strap can't be adjusted :( but told me to pull it out from under the loop and make shoulder straps bigger so they would come closer to crotchet strap.

The girl said his head shouldn't be near the top :confused:

Hi milly, we're away this weekend so I don't have the buggy but in almost certain we can adjust the crotch strap. Is he uncomfortable in it? All you can do is use it for as long as he's comfy.

Hi milly, we're away this weekend so I don't have the buggy but in almost certain we can adjust the crotch strap. Is he uncomfortable in it? All you can do is use it for as long as he's comfy.

Sorry yellow hen I just examined it and you can make the strap smaller!!! But not bigger!! (It was on biggest setting). She said come in an see what they can do for me??? I don't know what they possibly could do for me tbh :(
    I said to the girl am I supposed to walk around with no hood ?? She seems to think I have him sitting on something. But I honestly don't.
    He is comfortable in it but like if he had a wet nappy I reckon the strap wouldn't close. Maybe now that I have adjusted the shoulder straps it might help.

Is his bum slouching too far forward? I've a 17 month old and he's a fairly hefty boy but there's lots more give in the harness. Definitely do go into kealys and see what they say.

Is his bum slouching too far forward? I've a 17 month old and he's a fairly hefty boy but there's lots more give in the harness. Definitely do go into kealys and see what they say.

I haven't tried him in it since I adjusted the harness. Tbh it's not fattyness that is the problem it's the height!! She told me it does up to 17kg

Adjusting the harness did not work :( but taking the crotch strap out from the strap worked a treat :) I think I need to adjust the side straps on harness now, is it done from behind/underneath the seat?

On the height front, his head goes up to half way of the bugaboo sign. If I push the good fabric up it doesn't touch his head :)

Will he grow much higher in a short space of time?

Just to update....I just put on the footmuff (which is fab) and I only realised that you are meant to push up belly strap loops up the frame of bugaboo! No wonder the straps were such a tight squeeze!!!

His head is still close to top though. I think that that is just the design?? I saw a big toddler in a baby jogger city mini with an unbelievable amount of head space. I would love for someone to tell me I am doing something wrong? As with the footmuff it is even a tighter squeeze with headspace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Have you brought it into a shop that sells them Millem - any shop at all, it wouldn't have to be the one you bought it in, any shop that sells them should be able to spot straight away if there's something amiss in how it's set up etc!

Have you brought it into a shop that sells them Millem - any shop at all, it wouldn't have to be the one you bought it in, any shop that sells them should be able to spot straight away if there's something amiss in how it's set up etc!

Omg I never thought of asking bella baby or mamas and papas in Dundrum. I bought it in tony kealys in walkinstown and tbh I despise that horrible roundabout!! I always get the OH to drive but he has been super busy at work.

I bet I am doing something stupid! I am giving our babyminder the bugaboo this week and what do you bet she will figure it out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Would you be able to take a picture and blur out your baby?? I have a bugaboo. My baby isn't very big and her head is nearly touching the canopy too. I think it's just the design of it.

Lol, also I hate that roundabout too. There is a back way to get there if you go through the housing estates but it depends where you're coming from.

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    Would you be able to take a picture and blur out your baby?? I have a bugaboo. My baby isn't very big and her head is nearly touching the canopy too. I think it's just the design of it.

Lol, also I hate that roundabout too. There is a back way to get there if you go through the housing estates but it depends where you're coming from.

I have no idea how to blur!!
    I went once through crumlin (I think).

Millem wrote: »
    I have no idea how to blur!!
    I went once through crumlin (I think).

I don't either :).

If you go through the housing estates in Walkinstown you'll get there or if you know Superquinn in Walkinstown, turn off at the traffic lights there, towards the church. Sorry, not great directions but I'm not sure where you're coming from. I used to avoid that roundabout like the plague. Always accidents on it.

I don't either :).

If you go through the housing estates in Walkinstown you'll get there or if you know Superquinn in Walkinstown, turn off at the traffic lights there, towards the church. Sorry, not great directions but I'm not sure where you're coming from. I used to avoid that roundabout like the plague. Always accidents on it.

To get to superquinn walksinstown I need to go through roundabout :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Just go to dundrum Hun. They will be able to tell you straight away in bella baby or m&ps.

You'd be better off going back to the shop where you bought it though. Bugaboos come under warranty and if there was a fault with the pushchair or something, it would be better rectified with that shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

You'd be better off going back to the shop where you bought it though. Bugaboos come under warranty and if there was a fault with the pushchair or something, it would be better rectified with that shop.

O totally, if there's a fault yes. But would be easier for Millem to go dundrum first and have a look at the bugaboos and assess if its a fault or if that's just how the bugaboos are first. :)

Advertisement