Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Redux

Options
  • 08-08-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Looks like the 2 games are getting a next gen make up, Metro 2033 and Metro Last Night

Never played them so I don't mind I'll treat it as brand new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkjwylwJjUY&list=UU6XGqPhLktO4equS99J2ENw

Don't know how to imbed videos on a phone so if someone can do it cheers :)

19.99 Digital Download each

Or 2 in a pack (most likely RRP 64.99)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Oak76 wrote: »

hahaha
    down to the minute, what are the odds :pac:
    if your's is inbedded
    can a mod lock this one or delete it :) cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wait no not before I get my obligatory read the book comment in !!!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Book!!!

785d49584266631aefc56174a0659bde3cbf5af234fa4a609f4cd27c01b56e58.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Would anyone happen to have the list of games thats on the gamestop deal to trade one in and get this for €10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

cloud493 wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to have the list of games thats on the gamestop deal to trade one in and get this for €10?

Is this gonna be full whack in the shops?

Think its pegged at 20 per episode on the store

I.e 40 for both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Fieldog wrote: »

I.e 40 for both

Cheapest place buy this in disc form?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

lol... thought title was Metroid -- looking at the youtube vid, rated 18s... "wait, what?" XD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

brady12 wrote: »
    Cheapest place buy this in disc form?

On PS4 its:
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/metro-redux-ps4/dgc-metrordxps4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

jonny24ie wrote: »

Reliable? You buy from them before?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

brady12 wrote: »
    Reliable? You buy from them before?

I have an order in at the moment, a few people have used them before with no issues.

Fieldog wrote: »

I.e 40 for both

No its 44.99. And gamestop has it on there 'trade in a game off a list and get it for a tenner deal'

I got all excited when I opened the box and thought they'd given us a proper instruction booklet for once, turns out its just an advertisement for the books the series is based.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Seriously tempted to pick this up, played last light a few months back when it was free on ps+ and I really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am not a massive fan of taking perfectly great games and hoofing them out for a quick buck, but this looks really really amazing, and the two play modes means that even though I suck at sneaking around, I can still enjoy this one.
    A definite purchase in the coming weeks, and that Base price is as good as it gets it seems.

Kept meaning to preorder for the discount as I already own both games but alas the discount is no longer there but thankfully there's a number of key sites offering the game for cheaper.

It looks nice, but its not perfect. 2033 at least shows its a 4 year old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am not a massive fan of taking perfectly great games and hoofing them out for a quick buck, but this looks really really amazing, and the two play modes means that even though I suck at sneaking around, I can still enjoy this one.
    A definite purchase in the coming weeks, and that Base price is as good as it gets it seems.
    If you read the above interview you'll see it's far more than just a project undertaken for a quick buck. :)

Still rather torn on whether to replay 2033 when I get the bundle or go straight into Last Light. I only played it at the end of 2012 I think and the entire experience is still pretty fresh.
    Certainly fresh enough to know I'm still slightly miffed at their decision to use the "bad" ending from the game as the setup for Last Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just went on Amazon there. Coulda sworn it was much cheaper a week ago. £37??? Smyths has it for €40 on their site online is that the best deal for a PS4 copy?

Yes it was £28 last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I got for £25 on Amazon delivered. Had it pre-ordered a good while though so I got the best price for it. Well worth it. I was going to cancel and glad I didn't now.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

2 play modes? I'm about to give it a spin on x1 later today

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    2 play modes? I'm about to give it a spin on x1 later today

They included spartan mode in 2033, which means the game gives you liberal amounts of ammo and gas mask filters, which makes it significantly less annoying, since I also suck at stealth games.

cloud493 wrote: »
    They included spartan mode in 2033, which means the game gives you liberal amounts of ammo and gas mask filters, which makes it significantly less annoying, since I also suck at stealth games.

Cheers. Not sure about that mode though, sounds like it quells the survival horror elements of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The PS4 version is 36.99 in Argos at the moment, not sure about other version prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Is this worth getting? Is it free roam? Never played them before and clips of it look pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Is this worth getting? Is it free roam? Never played them before and clips of it look pretty good

It's all very linear with slight variants. I'd recommend getting them though.

I found a lot of similarities to Half Life over the two of them, which is not a bad thing.

The bits outside in the game are really beautiful and it tells a nice story too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they really need to make better mask filters in future Russia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just went on Amazon there. Coulda sworn it was much cheaper a week ago. £37??? Smyths has it for €40 on their site online is that the best deal for a PS4 copy?

I was wondering was I seeing things because I saw it 26 and pre ordered at that price for ps4 but then decided to cancel and I checked last Friday and it was 44 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I was wondering was I seeing things because I saw it 26 and pre ordered at that price for ps4 but then decided to cancel and I checked last Friday and it was 44 :eek:

Just picked up a copy in Argos a few minutes ago. €37
    Finally something new for me to play on my PS4 besides Trials, only got the Last of Us in January for the PS3 so can`t justify a repurchase

Advertisement