Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Sligo

Options
  • 08-08-2014 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

Myself and my other half are heading to Sligo for 3 nights from the 27th of August so we are wondering is there anything on in the locality - markets, festivals, cultural events etc etc, over those dates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nothing doing eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

There is a huge Amount on at the moment but it'll all be over by then

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cnoc na Riabh

Yipeee!!... Another 'astroturfing' opportunity.

(let's get it started)

"I'm not connected with [insert business name] but I have heard that they are REALLY great, certainly much better than [insert competitors name]"... etc etc

(hopefully I'm wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Yipeee!!... Another 'astroturfing' opportunity.

(let's get it started)

"I'm not connected with [insert business name] but I have heard that they are REALLY great, certainly much better than [insert competitors name]"... etc etc

(hopefully I'm wrong)
    or airsoft. Better action than [competitor] in neighboring town. Or bicycle rental.........:pac:

Tigger wrote: »
    There is a huge Amount on at the moment but it'll all be over by then

Well that was super helpful, thanks.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Keep an eye on the Sligo Events twitter as they post up to date events.

http://twitter.com/sligoevents

Loads to do such as

Seatrails
    Surfing
    Stand Up Paddling

and not to mention gorgeous countryside to take a spin around and plenty of lovely places to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

(I know I keep mentioning it. I swear I have no affiliation to the place, I just adore it)

Definitely, definitely, definitely go to Eaglesflying in Ballymote. Its never disappointed anyone I've brought there, brilliant place.

(I know I keep mentioning it. I swear I have no affiliation to the place, I just adore it)

Swear on your mother's life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Swear on your mother's life?

Maybe on yours :pac:

Keep an eye on the Sligo Events twitter as they post up to date events.

http://twitter.com/sligoevents

Loads to do such as

Seatrails
    Surfing
    Stand Up Paddling

and not to mention gorgeous countryside to take a spin around and plenty of lovely places to eat.

Coolio, thanks.

I went to college in Sligo so am well familiar with the town, we just want to get out and about too (weather permitting of course)

Definitely, definitely, definitely go to Eaglesflying in Ballymote. Its never disappointed anyone I've brought there, brilliant place.

Awesome, thats the kind of thing exactly!

:D

• Advertisement

Honestly, topics like these are like nails in a forums coffin.

Look, there, he's happy, can't we lock this thread now?

Honestly, topics like these are like nails in a forums coffin.

Look, there, he's happy, can't we lock this thread now?

Well buddy with your 16 posts in 3 years its clear you are a sterling addition to any forum and to the greater good of Boards but if you cant add anything other than inane attempts at being funny then hows about you gtfo the thread.

;)

My job is done.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I did a blog post of ideas that might be of help http://magnumlady.com/2014/08/02/10-things-to-do-in-sligo/

If you are in Sligo for the 30th of August there is the Lough Gill 10k swim taking place, there's always a nice atmosphere at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Hi all.

Myself and my other half are heading to Sligo for 3 nights from the 27th of August so we are wondering is there anything on in the locality - markets, festivals, cultural events etc etc, over those dates?

http://www.sligotourism.ie/

Go Strandhill

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Totally agree. Brilliant for all ages.

Advertisement