Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! IADT Business in Entrepreneurship and management level 8!

Options
  • 08-08-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I accepted my place in IADT for the the business in entrepreneurship and management LEVEL 8 but I'm very apprehensive about the course as I have never studied business before and I know nobody that can give me more information about the course.

The only thing that is enticing me to the course is the entrepreneurship which I know I would like a lot.

So if anyone at all can provide some information about the course anything at all it will be a help to me. For example i'd like to know what the work load is like, what the hours are like, is it more practical than theory, what are lecturers like and so on..... Also what is IADT like in general?? Never seen the building let alone ever been inside it haha. :O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hi Olivia,

I've visited the college quite a bit over the last year (I wasn't studying at the time). I like the college, it's not too big or sprawly like the bigger ones and has a more modern look and feel.

I will be starating a course soon - DL701 which has a lot of crossover with your own. I met Conor who will be a senior lecturer on both courses I believe - and I thought he was dead on, very nice and helpful guy, enthusiastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Olivia111

Hi,

Thanks a million. I thought that alright that it wasn't as big as the other major colleges around Dublin which I think I will prefer might not get lost haha...

I got offered the DL701 also but declined it because I got offered the level 8.. Glad to know that about one of the lecturers... I've never seen the campus so it'll be all new to me on registeration day...

Yea, I considered the Level 8 one, the courses are much the same I think until 3rd year and then a bit different. There is also an add on year to bridge the gap between the Level 7 and 8 which I may do, so we may end up in the same 4th year.

It's a nice campus. I believe student ID pictures are taken on the first day and that photo will be the one you have for the next 4 years, just to let you know!

Better look my best on the first day! ha

Did you receive an email today with your student number and information about online registration?

Tempted to turn up with a fake mustache/beard/sideburns hells angel look for the photos.
    I did get it, didn't do anything about it though, I better sort that out!

I'll miss being able to stay awake this late come September.

• Advertisement

Exactly you should do lifes to short for plain boring pictures lol!

I filled it in but im the type of person thats worrying did I miss something or did I fill something out wrong. The website is not very clear on registering so fingers crossed on the day I show up and everything goes smoothly.

Oh you never know you could be a full on insomniac come September but I hope not for your sake ha!

I'm sure you'll be grand, I registered tonight, was a little confusing at first but got through to the 'you have been registered page', presume you did too?

Oh god I didn't get that !

I should have been patient and done it on my computer not my phone silly me :-/

There are a few details to check/fill in such as address and so forth, it'll still be there waiting for you if you login again, student number which was emailed and your pin will be six digits - your date of birth ddmmyy - you'll be asked to pick a new pin once you have logged in.
    :)

Yeah I logged in fine and changed my password and that :-)

does when you login and go to your details it says only temporary registered ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement