Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

very old Irish reg cars in Belgium this week

Options
  • 08-08-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I was in belgium this week and had the good fortune to spot a clutch /gagg le
    of very old cars in a laneway. Naturally I turned in and saw a dozen or more cars,all empty of people. Then I spotted all the people at a WW1 graveyard.
    As I drove along, being a Reg No. Fetishist ,two irish regs caught my eye. OI,Belfast and RI Dublin
    I walked along , clicking away, not every car and there were many makes, to my shame I dont remember many. Certainly there were 3 RR, an amazingly original(unrestored) Car like a Model T perhaps.

When the people came back to their cars I spoke to the driver of the car RI 2243.He was keen to talk. the car (forget its make ,but will google the reg after this) was first registered to a Mr Hatch, a J.P. of Drimnagh Castle. He, the driver, has had the car back to Ireland to the area where its from. I think he said the Council made a bit of a fuss(good) over the trip back to its roots.
    He knew it was bought in 1951 and at an autojumble in beaulieu someone produced a photo of it and the info that it had come from Ireland and that it cost 8 pounds.

I have photos on my HTC One but dont know how to add them.

The car is Royal Blue. the Belfast one is OI 650

As they all drove away, the classiness of the RRs was quite clear.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Any luck with the photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

afraid not. my phone could probably do a million things of which I am unaware.
    will get my son to help tomorrow

My son has very little patience with me. i have ,om his advice, e mailed the photos from my phone to myself.

I then need ,he says ,to open a new reply ,like this, and click on Manage Attachments, this should lead me to Choose File, but there are none there.

I have used this system some years ago but its not coming back to me. any body?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If you click on reply you may need to click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom to get the full menu of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

rugbyman wrote: »
    My son has very little patience with me. i have ,om his advice, e mailed the photos from my phone to myself.

I then need ,he says ,to open a new reply ,like this, and click on Manage Attachments, this should lead me to Choose File, but there are none there.

I have used this system some years ago but its not coming back to me. any body?
    You'd think you'd get the hang of it by now ;)

• Advertisement

Photos below.

Advertisement