Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning at bottle recycling at Aldi

Options
  • 08-08-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Pulled in to use this facility this evening and as I got out of my car a lady walking past on the road called me and said that women are been watched and as they recycle their bottles etc handbags are been snatched from their cars. So just be aware.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Which aldi is this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭macfran

The Maynooth store on the Kilcock Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sounds extremely like the standard, pointless scaremongering

How dare you accuse my warning to people to be aware of what happens as scaremongering. My daughters van was broken into in that same store carpark and because they dont have cctv anything goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I dare because identical stories turn up everywhere on a regular cycle. It's scaremongering. Pay attention everywhere, not just where unconnected incidents happen. Your evidence consists of a random person walking past - not trustworthy in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Are you sure she wasn't trying to draw your attention while her accomplice stole your handbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

macfran wrote: »
    How dare you accuse my warning to people to be aware of what happens as scaremongering. My daughters van was broken into in that same store carpark and because they dont have cctv anything goes.

I though the warning was because a stranger told you about it :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 656 ✭✭✭NipNip

I thought you were going to say they were watching women with kids in the car to see how many empty wine bottles they were disposing of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I think men recycle too - maybe the muggers turn their heads away when men are about?

Simple as this - whether at a recycling point or at a set of traffic lights or in a regualr carpark, don't make it easy for thieves to snatch valuables.

To scaremonger giving one single location based on a hearsay comment is the ridiculous part of the post and that's whay otehr posters have mocked it.

So less sensationalism - leave that to the evening hysterical and the Irish daily muck.

The lady who said that to me was walking to the bus stop as she does every day and had witnessed this happening.

I do not use a handbag so I will not be a victim but I will just bury my head in the sand and pretend that nothing like this happens in Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The phrase "one swallow does not a summer make" springs to mind..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement