Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

John Pilger is a constant presence, if you know where to find him. You shouldn't assume he's opportunistic because he only receives sporadic attention in the mainstream media.

Rides on the coattails of conflicts and American foreign policy so he can sell books. He's a sick fcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    I don't speak Arabic but an online friend of mine who does said that yes, the man was talking about the evils of prostitution before murdering someone.

ok, thanks...a tad too harsh punishment anyway...maybe he said the red jacket made her a whore or so...i really have to learn arabic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Not really something that should be a capital crime IMO.

In your opinion?

What would a gleaming liberal like yourself have in mind? a light stoning? 100 lashes in the street? Acid in the face and/or breasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

it don't take much for a woman to be accused of prostitution in the middle east

a woman in a t-shirt and jeans would be spat on and called a whore in Cairo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

whatever you say about these lads, none of this health and safety bullshit
    no hi-viz or safety glasses to be seen as they trash thousands of years of culture.
    great sledge workmanship on display for the purists.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=91b_1424971180

• Advertisement

and the isis troglodytes keep destroying priceless pre-islamic artifacts, assyrian and other, robbing the world of some of its treasures...taliban style or basically just islam style...the problem is that nuking the is would destroy some of that stuff too, so can't be done...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Must I Godwin this thread to prove that American intervention isn't necessarily a bad thing? If the Islamic State problem escalates to the point that they're an actual state with a strong army and invades neighbouring countries to cleanse it of its impurities, then something needs to be done.

If you're trying to say that America saved the world from Hitler, you'd not only be trying to "Godwin" the thread, you'd be plain wrong too. ;)

Good old Chomsky demonstrates his irrelevance again.
    1 is working just fine at the moment. ISIS pushed back from Kobane by Kurds/yanks, SA seems to have turned them over a few times, Yazidis issue "alleviated" if you will.

More hand wringing of course and calls for abstention in accordance with 3, will result in 2, necessitating the need for a bigger 1 eventually.

What's needed is more 1 with regard to an eventual 3 for the region.

Or as you'd say "FFS, so much fail in that statement" :)

...and you continue to fail. Well done!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

reprise wrote: »
    In your opinion?

What would a gleaming liberal like yourself have in mind? a light stoning? 100 lashes in the street? Acid in the face and/or breasts?

Nothing, now go un-twist your panties.

Yep, that's it blame it all on the west, totally the west's problem.

Who said that?

I haven't bothered with the rest of your post, because the opening gambit was just fücking stupid and going on your previous shite, it isn't going to get any better.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    and the isis troglodytes keep destroying priceless pre-islamic artifacts, assyrian and other, robbing the world of some of its treasures...taliban style or basically just islam style...the problem is that nuking the is would destroy some of that stuff too, so can't be done...

http://news.sky.com/story/1434886/is-fighters-destroy-3000-year-old-artefacts

This is really sad actually.

Obviously it doesn't compare to their acts of violence against human beings but terrible nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Nothing, now go un-twist your panties.

I will when the apologists give it a rest.

ETA lol! Your heroes are impressed with your killer response!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

bilston wrote: »

Obviously it doesn't compare to their acts of violence against human beings but terrible nonetheless.

Not the 1st time they did this, plenty of it on live leak past year. Very said when they go demolishing old Christian burial grounds/graveyards

Tugboats wrote: »
    Rides on the coattails of conflicts and American foreign policy so he can sell books. He's a sick fcuker

If intelligent, critical thinking, is an indication of a "sick fcuker" to you, that goes a long way to explaining the drivel you post on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Tony EH wrote: »
    ...and you continue to fail. Well done!

:pac:

Thanks Tony, another epic rejoinder.
    You're wasted here on Boards, nothing but feeble minded krill to an intellectual leviathan like yourself!
    :)

Well, at least you're being honest.

Not the 1st time they did this, plenty of it on live leak past year. Very said when they go demolishing old Christian burial grounds/graveyards

iconoclasm in all its different incarnations has been around since forever...and not only in islam, though they have been pretty good at destroying all things non-islamic in the past few centuries...wonder when they attempt to blow up the sphinx and the pyramids, really only a question of time, clearly, both will have to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I imagine jihad john will get the lethal injection eventually once the Americans get hold of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Lots of women should go to fight them, just watched a documentary showing Kurdish army battling them. They have lots of female fighters and ISIS run if overpowered. Isis believe dying on the battlefield gets them 72 virgins in heaven, but if they are killed by a woman they dont get to heaven. The Kurdish female fighters do a calling chant on advance and Isis scarper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

You're right, it doesn't compare to their murderous activity so far, but in some minor way it's more shocking. For example, I refuse to allow Sky News to sanitise international conflict. So I seek out footage of what's actually happening on the ground in these places. So over the years I've become well used to seeing detailed images of the most horrendous stuff imaginable. A consequence of that is that you develop a type of immunity. You're always disgusted, but you're not always shocked. However, I was genuinely shocked by what I seen today. I'm simply not used to seeing people desecrate out shared inheritance in such a wanton fashion. None of us are. It's a new new type of assault on humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Tony EH wrote: »
    Well, as your pal Chomsky said, you can generally, do one of three things:

1. You can alleviate the problem.
    2. You can make the problem worse
    3. You can do nothing.

The "west" doesn't have a great track record at No.1 and it's actions usually lead to No.2, especially in the Middle East.

So, perhaps the best course of action the west can do for the time being is No.3.

The best course of action can never be determined by looking at the past. It is determined by the situation as it presents itself, the past can only serve to inform.

ISIS is not Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Grenada, Haiti, Philippines, Libya, the Falklands, or any other situation that the West has found itself concerned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

maggiepip wrote: »
    Lots of women should go to fight them, just watched a documentary showing Kurdish army battling them. They have lots of female fighters and ISIS run if overpowered. Isis believe dying on the battlefield gets them 72 virgins in heaven, but if they are killed by a woman they dont get to heaven. The Kurdish female fighters do a calling chant on advance and Isis scarper!

What's the documentary called? Sounds interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

I found that really sad too.:( They are literally destroying great history.These lads are so twisted its unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

maggiepip wrote: »

Ha women of the world join together to fight ISIS. I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

What's the documentary called? Sounds interesting.

Sorry cant link on phone, its called " The fight against Isis in Syria and Iraq December 2014 by Itai Anghel", on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wurzelbert wrote: »

You care about statues and paintings more than the innocent men, women and children? And then you claim to have the moral high ground :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnathant17

The world won't care until they actually do something that will effect a big, powerful country like America or England.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You care about statues and paintings more than the innocent men, women and children? And then you claim to have the moral high ground :rolleyes:

You can care about the people and the cultural artifacts at the same time. I don't recall him saying it was an either/or situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You can care about the people and the cultural artifacts at the same time. I don't recall him saying it was an either/or situation.

No he would like to nuke but can't ruin the art.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

None of us are. It's a new new type of assault on humanity.

Not that new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan

Advertisement