Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

pablo128 wrote: »
    If the Yanks can arm the Israeli army to fight palestinians, why can't they arm the Iraqi army to fight ISIS? Or is that too simplistic?

I'll answer your question with a question. Where did ISIS get their weapons from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Berserker wrote: »
    I'll answer your question with a question. Where did ISIS get their weapons from?

Looks like they got some of them from Saudi Arabia, some of them from US supplying other factions and most of them from the Iraqis running away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Very interesting FT article about the current situation with ISIS here, which outlines the complexity of the situation.

It seems very unclear about how this is all going to pan out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Here's a straight and genuine question I'd be interested in learning the answer to, please:

Why is it that, in practically All the visual coverages I see of " ISIS ", 99% of the f**kers have their faces covered. Or, the actual imagery is post pixelated?

WTF's That all about :confused:

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Berserker wrote: »

Isis just like all other armed groups get their weapons from any one of a large number of weapons manufacturers that they wish to buy from, and pretty much all of them are based in the west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

markfla wrote: »

is this verified?
    pablo128 wrote: »
    If the Yanks can arm the Israeli army to fight palestinians, why can't they arm the Iraqi army to fight ISIS? Or is that too simplistic?

The Iraqi forces are armed to the teeth. It just seems they don't have the stomach for fighting. Alot ran away and the once that got captured went to their deaths like lambs to the slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Ditch wrote: »
    Here's a straight and genuine question I'd be interested in learning the answer to, please:

Why is it that, in practically All the visual coverages I see of " ISIS ", 99% of the f**kers have their faces covered. Or, the actual imagery is post pixelated?

WTF's That all about :confused:

Thanks.
    Most of the footage comes from videos ISIS have filmed and released themselves.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Most of the footage comes from videos ISIS have filmed and released themselves.

That sounds fair. Can't see many western journalists standing around, trying not to get in the way, as they massacre hundreds of people.

Still leaves the question of why these special soldiers of god feel the need to hide their identities as they enthusiastically go about His work though :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The Kurds seem to be the only ones with the will to do anything. They rescued thousands of Yazidis and helped to relative safety.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/09/iraqi-yazidis-syria_n_5664594.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ditch wrote: »
    That sounds fair. Can't see many western journalists standing around, trying not to get in the way, as they massacre hundreds of people.

Still leaves the question of why these special soldiers of god feel the need to hide their identities as they enthusiastically go about His work though :confused:

I'd say those that have their face hidden live in western countries?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Very interesting FT article about the current situation with ISIS here, which outlines the complexity of the situation.

It seems very unclear about how this is all going to pan out.

the industrial war machine marches on with many raking in a fortune from it all

mad muffin wrote: »
    I'd say those that have their face hidden live in western countries?

That's a heartening concept then. Because, as I say, about 99% of them have towels round their faces. And, one day, they might be coming back to ye local kebab shop ....? Lovely.

Actually, I've been going about my chores here and mulling it over, as ye do. Something LorMal said above here struck me. This whole, overt, sexual thing.

One can't help but wonder just how many of these young men set out to join in. Knowing that they're guaranteed to be on the winning side. They get to carry an AK47 against unarmed 'enemies'. Then just do absolutely what ever they like with those enemies.

Raping women. Killing kiddies. (Considering the f**kers are virtually Culturally Paedophiles, I could see That having quite an attraction for them) Blowing peoples brains out ~ with absolutely no fear of come back. Hacking peoples heads off, for the photo shoot to bring back home?

F**k, yeah! Who'd want to miss out on all of that? We saw it in the Balkans. Young idiots flying out there to join in. Writing " Born To Kill " and " The Yorkshire Ripper " on their helmet covers.

Now it's, " Hey! Ahkmed! Ye made it! So; Is that a Knife in ye pocket ~ or are ye just glad to be here?! :D "

FFS .....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Where are all the marches throughout Ireland in support of these people?
    This is equally as serious a situation as Gaza, yet why is it that Gaza is the only crisis to get support of the Irish people?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Many of the stories that IS has beheaded children have been fabricated by kurds. Some guys on twitter did reverse image searches and discovered that some of the images are from the war in Syria. I remember seeing a picture of a little girl with he head cut off. This was done by Assad's forces more than a year ago.

The kurds are not very reliable and they make many stories up. Don't be fooled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Yeah. They've always been passed over and yet they've never gone down the terrorist route and always done the right thing by people.

Look up the PKK. Kurds have been engaged in armed struggle for decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Many of the stories that IS has beheaded children have been fabricated by kurds. Some guys on twitter did reverse image searches and discovered that some of the images are from the war in Syria. I remember seeing a picture of a little girl with he head cut off. This was done by Assad's forces more than a year ago.

The kurds are not very reliable and they make many stories up. Don't be fooled.

I agree. I would also point posters lambasting my earlier posts in this thread as being "Soft on extremism" to have a goo at what I posted a long, long while back that Radical Islam was the biggest threat to our lives in the West there was. Then, I was also lambasted as being "anti-Muslim", a "racist" and "idiotic". So, there's no winning.

But, I do believe that this current "branch" - ISIS - is being set up as the classic bogey-man to justify military actions that have feck all to do with stopping religious bigots and everything to do with spreading fear and division, for profit.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Look up the PKK. Kurds have been engaged in armed struggle for decades.

I think you mean Terrorism, or does that label not apply to them these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

NIMAN wrote: »
    This is equally as serious a situation as Gaza, yet why is it that Gaza is the only crisis to get support of the Irish people?

That's the intelligence of internet campaigns for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

NIMAN wrote: »

ISIS are a terrorist organisation, outlawed internationally, and currently being bombed by the US. What, exactly, would they be marching for?

Nodin wrote: »
    ISIS are a terrorist organisation, outlawed internationally, and currently being bombed by the US. What, exactly, would they be marching for?

Because they have killed women and children brutally and indiscriminately? Hmm. Sounds familiar to other recent events. I guess context is everything. I doubt the dead give a damn about the context though, or their families. Or the manner of death..

Funny how one mans child killer is a terrorist, another is just protecting an edge. To me, they're all just different parts of a huge, sh1tty puzzle.

• Advertisement

Because they have killed women and children brutally and indiscriminately? .......

Yep, hence the bombing, the outlawing and the rest. Crimes elsewhere were often committed by regimes that suffered no consequence for their actions, hence protest movements.

Yep, hence the bombing, the outlawing and the rest. Crimes elsewhere were often committed by regimes that suffered no consequence for their actions, hence protest movements.

How does that sit with you? I'm actually interested to hear, I generally respect what you have to say.

How does that sit with you? I'm actually interested to hear, I generally respect what you have to say.

Sorry not meaning to be obtuse, how does what sit with me?

Sorry not meaning to be obtuse, how does what sit with me?

The bombing of one bunch of child killing religious fanatics and the massive pass for another.

The bombing of one bunch of child killing religious fanatics and the massive pass for another.

It makes me sick, particularily considering how long its been going on for.

Because they have killed women and children brutally and indiscriminately? .

Actually they haven't.

The rebels in Syria and Iraq only fight the armies and each other. It is the State Terrorists - Maliki and Assad who kill women and children.

Actually they haven't.

The rebels in Syria and Iraq only fight the armies and each other. It is the State Terrorists - Maliki and Assad who kill women and children.

Benjamin Netanyahu gets a pass does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Benjamin Netanyahu gets a pass does he?
    Don't turn this isn't an Israeli thread. If you want to discuss Gaza there are many other threads to indulge yourself in. This thread is about ISIS.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Don't turn this isn't an Israeli thread. If you want to discuss Gaza there are many other threads to indulge yourself in. This thread is about ISIS.

I checked the MODs list. No previously frozen people on it, therefore, pfo. The point is relevant, why is one groups slaughter of women and children ok, and others a cause for bombing them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

I checked the MODs list. No previously frozen people on it, therefore, pfo. The point is relevant, why is one groups slaughter of women and children ok, and others a cause for bombing them?

Man, you are really incorrigible. No amount of reasoned debate shifts you from your position. The ultimate keyboard warrior.
    There is an obvious difference but you won't care when I point it out to you...here goes...The Christians on the mountain are not firing hundreds of rockets at ISIS.

Advertisement