Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

conorhal wrote: »
    There is no contradiction is saying that Islamism is monolithic be it Sunni or Shia .............

Yep, there very much is.
    If it is a reasonable assertion that there is a problem in the middle east, it is a reasonable assertion that the problem is Islamism, just as it was a reasonable assertion that the biggest problem in Eastern Europe was communism.

A lot of it is Islamism, theres also inter-state power struggles by proxy, ethnic disputes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 imperator567

reprise wrote: »
    Got to admit, I almost have respect for someone who goes off and lives the dream rather than just bring a rain of hatred down to offset the misery in their lives.

I Wonder how old his new wife will be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Nodin wrote: »
    Yep, there very much is.

A lot of it is Islamism, theres also inter-state power struggles by proxy, ethnic disputes.

With what aim in mind. Either of them?

With what aim in mind. Either of them?

Power, gaining of a state, resources and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

You might be surprised to learn that Saudi has a minimum age for marriage :)

• Advertisement

Power, gaining of a state, resources and so on.
    You're so nearly there Nodin.... under the rule of law established by what authority?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

smurfjed wrote: »

Except it doesn't.

You're so nearly there Nodin.... under the rule of law established by what authority?

Sorry, I was talking about the inter-state power struggles etc.

Sorry, I was talking about the inter-state power struggles etc.

No you were avoiding saying, as Islamic states under the banner of Sharia law as proscribed by the Koran and the Hadiths. And you were doing so well. :(

No you were avoiding saying, under the banner of Sharia law. And you were doing so well. :(

They don't agree on Sharia law. There is no "Sunni" bloc running around trying to enforce it, just various groups of yahoos, many more intent on killing muslims than anything else by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

They don't agree on Sharia law. There is no "Sunni" bloc running around trying to enforce it, just various groups of yahoos, many more intent on killing muslims than anything else by the looks of it.

So Saudi Arabia isn't a Sharia Sunni State that's enthusiastically exporting it's ideas across the region? And in case it's slipped your notice, many of these yahoos are making quite the inroads into implementing their ideology across the Middle East. Some quite successfully, The Muslim Brotherhood tried the drip drip approach in Egypt but got turfed out, But IS control large swathes of Syria and Iraq and there is a slow noose tightening on secular governments all across North Africa and the Middle East.

So Saudi Arabia isn't a Sharia Sunni State that's enthusiastically exporting it's ideas across the region?..

Saudi tries to, yes.
    And in case it's slipped your notice, many of these yahoos are making quite the inroads into implementing their ideology across the Middle East..

"inflicting" would appear to be a better way of putting it. They have thus far yet to be seen to converting whole states.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 imperator567

smurfjed wrote: »

yes its 6 and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Except it doesn't.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/679991 I have to admit that i have no idea how long this will take to be released as a law.

Saudi tries to, yes.

"inflicting" would appear to be a better way of putting it. They have thus far yet to be seen to converting whole states.

So then you're admitting that there is a Sunni block exporting Islamism, and frankly 'thus far' is a damning phrase. Sooner or later would be more accurate, probably sooner. So Islamism is a problem, and it's a problem for us too. Time to do something about that no?

So then you're admitting that there is a Sunni block exporting Islamism, and frankly 'thus far' is a damning phrase. Sooner or later would be more accurate, probably sooner. So Islamism is a problem, and it's a problem for us too. Time to do something about that no?

A sunni wahabist state tries to export is brand of Islamism. Hardly the existential crisis your phrasing seems to suggest we face.

A sunni wahabist state tries to export is brand of Islamism. Hardly the existential crisis your phrasing seems to suggest we face.

So now it exists but it's not a problem, well 9/11, 7/7 and the chaos in Paris earlier this year just called to disagree.

So now it exists but it's not a problem, well 9/11, 7/7 and the chaos in Paris earlier this year just called to disagree.

No, there is no monolithic "bloc". Life is rarely that simple.

No, there is no monolithic "bloc". Life is rarely that simple.

And we're back to your circular argument that was just demolished. well you can keep your head tucked firmly in the sand, but events are likely to overtake your deep sense of denial, and when they do, well, I will be a bitter I told you so on my part.

And we're back to your circular argument that was just demolished. well you can keep your head tucked firmly in the sand, but events are likely to overtake your deep sense of denial, and when they do, well, I will be a bitter I told you so on my part.

Saudi Arabia is a single state that practices a particular form of Islam, not the head of a massive conspiracy.

• Advertisement

Saudi Arabia is a single state that practices a particular form of Islam, not the head of a massive conspiracy.

A conspiracy involves a small group protecting a secret act, there's no secret about what they are doing, nor their aim nor the aims of any of the islamist groups fighting for power in the region, nor do they make any secret about how they intend to export their chaos to our shores, in fact the spend quite a lot of time bragging about it.

A conspiracy involves a small group protecting a secret act, there's no secret about what they are doing, nor their aim nor the aims of any of the islamist groups fighting for power in the region, nor do they make any secret about how they intedt to export their chaos to our shores, in fact the spend quite a lot of time bragging about it.

Yep, disparate forces, often violently opposed to each other, and most certainly not a monolithic threat to the planet. Or Mullingar hospital.

Yep, disparate forces, often violently opposed to each other, and most certainly not a monolithic threat to the planet. Or Mullingar hospital.

And as I said before, like Communism in the 60's, Islamism today presents the biggest geopolitical threat to the stability of our way of life today. Pretending otherwise is either foolish or disingenuous or both.

And as I said before, like Communism in the 60's, Islamism today presents the biggest geopolitical threat to the stability of our way of life today. Pretending otherwise is either foolish or disingenuous or both.

No, it doesn't. Not remotely. It's a problem, but there are many of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Shure as long as she cooks, puts out, veils up and treats himself like the gilded font of wisdom he believes he is, all is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Disparate forces all right, and yes frequently violently opposed to each other, have but one thing in common. Islam.
    And while ISIS appear to be on the back foot in Syria and Iraq at least, where does Islam go afterwards.

Two interesting pieces I came across today without the usual hysteria associated with either side, both worth a read.
    Sunni-Shia divide

Reform in Islam.

Unfortunately, I cant see how Islam is going to reform itself, its already so fragmented. Even if Israel packed up in the morning and went somewhere else, and the US stopped F**King around in the ME, there will always be the Sunni-Shia issue, and the incompatibility of sharia with western values.

Mullingar has its own problems, doesnt need IS exacerbating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

No it does not.
    Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him.

http://sunnah.com/muslim/16/81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Scare mongering ?

80% of London Muslims under 25 Support ISIS.......Independent survey, cant post links new poster. Thats an independent survey.

provide the link without the www.

The report, published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) on May 16, shows that although Christianity is still the main religion in Britain—over 50% of the population describe themselves as such—nearly half of all Christians in Britain are over the age of 50, and, for the first time ever, fewer than half under the age of 25 describe themselves as Christian.

By contrast, the number of people under 25 who describe themselves as Muslim has doubled over the past ten years: one in ten under the age of 25 are Muslim, up from one in 20 in 2001.

These numbers suggest that most or virtually all young Muslim settlers in the UK support ISIS.

the only thing that suggests is that 1 in ten people under the age of 25 consider themselves muslim.No mention of what those 10% support and definitely no mention of IS.
    .......the only thing stopping attrocities is the fact they dont have the light engineering skills or weapons to carry them out.
    I'd say the fact that these type of attrocities are rare is due to lack of people willing to do it and police surveillance , not lack of light engineering skills or weapons.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Godless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Egginacup wrote: »
    Godless

WTF?

Advertisement