Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Egginacup wrote: »
    Godless

Danzig?

obplayer wrote: »

Yet do the vast vast vast majority of muslims do this? Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Nodin wrote: »
    Yet do the vast vast vast majority of muslims do this? Nope.

Fine, but I was responding to your statement that the Koran does not support this. And we don't know what the vast vast vast majority of muslims do because they live in countries from which information is limited. What we do know is that for these countries the Koran is taken literally as the word of god. Which you know from my posts elsewhere I do not regard as a good thing for any religion / cult.

Fine, but I was responding to your statement that the Koran does not support this. And we don't know what the vast vast vast majority of muslims do because they live in countries from which information is limited. What we do know is that for these countries the Koran is taken literally as the word of god. Which you know from my posts elsewhere I do not regard as a good thing for any religion / cult.

Well, from what we do know, they generally don't, which would imply that child marriage is more linked to economic development levels in a country than religion.

Nodin wrote: »
    Well, from what we do know, they generally don't, which would imply that child marriage is more linked to economic development levels in a country than religion.

I am all in favour of economic development and education for everyone. I am also firmly in favour of no religion for anybody. I think I will leave it at that for tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

I am all in favour of economic development and education for everyone.

I am also firmly in favour of no religion for anybody. I think I will leave it at that for tonight.

A world without religious beliefs,
    I wonder about ISIS, how low can humanity go.. pretty low IMO, and always has done, but good folks seem to well out weight the bad. Are they not going against the principals of their faith to put it simply? And if cutting off children's heads and dragging bodies around on back of cars.. is someway forgiven, or appeased in their eyes and beliefs to their god. Well good F*ck. here's a war that's gonna last a fair while. especially if they start suicide bombing mainland Europe. With new rad's joining mindsets with them by the day.. Large amounts per ratio with other eu counties are leaving here for Syria and have left.
    2 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Disparate forces all right, and yes frequently violently opposed to each other, have but one thing in common. Islam.
    And while ISIS appear to be on the back foot in Syria and Iraq at least, where does Islam go afterwards.

I think they're headed over to Yemen right now.

Saudi Arabia (sunni) bombing Houthi (shia).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

They have a load of money and they love killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

old_aussie wrote: »
    I think they're headed over to Yemen right now.

Saudi Arabia (sunni) bombing Houthi (shia).

I'm just after getting my head around Syria, Yemen could end up an even bigger omnidisaster
    Houthi v AQAP V ISIS V Hadi's government, throw Saudi and Iran into the mix..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Yemen is the future of the arab world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

nokia69 wrote: »

yes exactly...and they also have very futuristic circumcision rituals down there already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Looking like an all out Sunni/Shiite war on the horizon.

Mesrine65 wrote: »

that's certainly a possibility...would have to be contained and we can only hope would result in some self-purification of the islamic world...and not the end of the world as we know it...

nokia69 wrote: »

Best "one liner" I've ever read on Boards

Mesrine65 wrote: »

Been doing that for 600 plus years and it's on going.

What does that tell you?

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    that's certainly a possibility...would have to be contained and we can only hope would result in some self-purification of the islamic world...and not the end of the world as we know it...

One would certainly hope so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

old_aussie wrote: »
    Been doing that for 600 plus years and it's on going.

What does that tell you?

closer to 1400 years i would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Many religions appear to go through the same phases:
    • Foundation
    • Schism
    • Wars of Religion
    • Reformation
    • Smaller Off-Shoot Crackpot Branches
    • Civilisation
    The West has been through all of these phases, though it appears Islam is currently trapped between two and three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Many religions appear to go through the same phases:
    • Foundation
    • Schism
    • Wars of Religion
    • Reformation
    • Smaller Off-Shoot Crackpot Branches
    • Civilisation
    The West has been through all of these phases, though it appears Islam is currently trapped between two and three.

With a bit of no.5

I can't think of any other thread to put this in, but perhaps with this deal we, the west, have made an ally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

I can't think of any other thread to put this in, but perhaps with this deal we, the west, have made an ally.

I hope you're right but its very early days

and keep in mind that the US are fighting with with Iran against ISIS but helping the saudis fight the houthis who are backed by Iran

so who knows what could happen next

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stunmer

Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/?fb_ref=Default

Interesting in detail description on what the Islamic State is, how it compares to al-Qaeda and what may happen in the future.

closer to 1400 years i would have thought.

Yes you're correct.

I just didn't want to over emphasise it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

Interesting/unexpected article comparing the IRA to ISIS

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-32326431

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

Strange article comparing the IRA to ISIS

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this is your man Peter Taylor.

He must be gearing up for a new documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

ISIS and the Taliban declare jihad on each other.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/isis-taliban-announce-jihad-against-each-other/204634/

I think the only winner there will be humanity as a whole. Can only hope they cripple each other.

In reality though it probably wont matter much. ISIS and the Taliban arent anywhere near each other to be able to fight it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Not really that strange. He makes valid comparisons regards how both groups came to prominence due to the environments created around them. He does say that the similarities end at that. I think the point if you read the article is that the US and Shia Government could have learned from the mistakes of the British in dealing with a minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

Fundamentalist psychopaths willing to kill innocents for their 'cause'?

Yep, no similarities at all.

ISIS and the Taliban declare jihad on each other.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/isis-taliban-announce-jihad-against-each-other/204634/

I think the only winner there will be humanity as a whole. Can only hope they cripple each other.

In reality though it probably wont matter much. ISIS and the Taliban arent anywhere near each other to be able to fight it out.

interesting...i really hope they wipe each other out...and the works please, with decapitations and all options...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

Fundamentalist psychopaths willing to kill innocents for their 'cause'?

Yep, no similarities at all.

Allow me to rephrase that as interesting or unexpected article.

Advertisement