Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ISIS and the Taliban declare jihad on each other.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/isis-taliban-announce-jihad-against-each-other/204634/

I think the only winner there will be humanity as a whole. Can only hope they cripple each other.

In reality though it probably wont matter much. ISIS and the Taliban arent anywhere near each other to be able to fight it out.

IS have decapitated 12 Taliban today apparently. I await the retaliatory action!

IS have decapitated 12 Taliban today apparently. I await the retaliatory action!

The problem is, of course, the number of innocent civilians that will also die, as neither side are reluctant to employ the most barbaric tactics. Though have to concede in a world where we are almost immune to atrocities, ISIS have exposed us to new depths, so may actually root for the Taliban...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The problem is, of course, the number of innocent civilians that will also die, as neither side are reluctant to employ the most barbaric tactics. Though have to concede in a world where we are almost immune to atrocities, ISIS have exposed us to new depths, so may actually root for the Taliban...

IS V Taliban: whoever win, we lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

we lose.
    How do we lose? Less nutters around the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

smurfjed wrote: »
    How do we lose? Less nutters around the place!

I take it you don't know the tagline for "Alien Versus Predator".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

IS V Taliban: whoever win, we lose.

2 of the worst to hopefully wipe each other out. I hope al Qaeda get killed in the crossfire too. But more than likely something even worse than all 3 will emerge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

ISIS and the Taliban declare jihad on each other.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/isis-taliban-announce-jihad-against-each-other/204634/

I think the only winner there will be humanity as a whole. Can only hope they cripple each other.

In reality though it probably wont matter much. ISIS and the Taliban arent anywhere near each other to be able to fight it out.

We could arrange transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

ISIS have just crucified two teenage boys for the 'crime' of eating during daylight hours in Ramadan

Ramsey Bolton would be proud of this level of depravty

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-crucifies-children-for-not-fasting-during-ramadan-in-syria-10338215.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Really? I was rooting for him and his family.

I hate weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

America wants the islamic state yeah??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

What a bunch of sadistic depraved c**ts, just saw an article where they executed groups of prisoners in the most horrible ways.

1) a group of lads put in a cage, lowered into a pool with an underwater camera capturing their deaths.

2) a group of lads locked into a car, then a **** from 50 yards away fires a rocket at it

3) a group of lads kneeling on the beach , each daisy chained together by plastic explosives around the neck.

I did not see the video or aftermath and needless to say I can live without seeing it. But **** me , this is horrendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Akrasia wrote: »
    ISIS have just crucified two teenage boys for the 'crime' of eating during daylight hours in Ramadan
    [...]

crucifixion, how quaint…the guy on the wall in the life of brian comes to mind…seriously though, it is high time isis are eradicated and razed from the face of the earth, and the taliban and all the rest with them…though i am afraid there will always be radical islamism as long as the muslim world keeps failing and screwing itself up and the west keeps interfering…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

crucifixion, how quaint…the guy on the wall in the life of brian comes to mind…seriously though, it is high time isis are eradicated and razed from the face of the earth, and the taliban and all the rest with them…though i am afraid there will always be radical islamism as long as the muslim world keeps failing and screwing itself up and the west keeps intermingling…

heres the key thing

"radical islamism"..." west keeps intermingling" ( I presume you meant interfering )

ISIS is a reaction , to stop reactions, you need to stop the action

BoatMad wrote: »
    heres the key thing

"radical islamism"..." west keeps intermingling" ( I presume you meant interfering )

yes, that’s what i meant, thanks…and i believe isis are more than just a reaction…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

heres the key thing

It's more action that's needed at this stage, not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,226 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    crucifixion, how quaint…the guy on the wall in the life of brian comes to mind…seriously though, it is high time isis are eradicated and razed from the face of the earth, and the taliban and all the rest with them…though i am afraid there will always be radical islamism as long as the muslim world keeps failing and screwing itself up and the west keeps intermingling…

What does that even mean? Eradicate them?

'They' are manifestation of fairly horrendous abuse of power and widespread corruption in their region. Corruption, buying political influence and murder. The west's usual strategy is to buy political influence and kill the offenders. To eradicate them you first need to eradicate the cause. That's less sexy than eradicating and razing them though.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    It's more action that's needed at this stage, not less.

firstly its not our problem, and shouldn't be. Most of that regions terrible problems are as a result of colonial decisions and western interventions.

I dont in any way support the terror that ISIS promulgate , but I know you can t defeat this type of terrorism with military force. Ultimately you have to find a way to talk ( just like in NI for example)

The key thing is the west intervening just makes the problems get worse , eradicate ISIS and another appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The oul Muslim extremists are at it again I see.........But I thought Islam was meant to be the "religion of peace" :rolleyes:

Dirty ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

According to the Irish Times today the Kurds in Syria have been pushing them back lately, and one of Libya's 'governments' has started shelling them too. Personally I support the idea of letting Islamic peoples and nations in the region resolve the problem themselves, instead of going all Western World Police on it and making the problem worse, as usual.

Provide aid, give advice, stop trying to call the shots.

The oul Muslim extremists are at it again I see.........But I thought Islam was meant to be the "religion of peace" :rolleyes:

Dirty ****ers

of course Christians never engaged in war or terrorism ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Obviously they did, but I don't recall them crucifying children for the dastardly crime of eating during Ramadan! Or tying a homosexual to a chair and sentencing him to death by throwing him from the roof of a building. Or drowning and burning people to death while locked in cages. Hopefully the desert swallows these sick bastards up soon!

Obviously they did, but I don't recall them crucifying children for the dastardly crime of eating during Ramadan! Or tying a homosexual to a chair and sentencing him to death by throwing him from the roof of a building. Or drowning and burning people to death while locked in cages. Hopefully the desert swallows these sick bastards up soon!

I see . perhaps you might read certain " exploits " during the Bosnian war, or during WW2, or perhaps the Holocaust , heard of that

ISIS are merely following in a long tradition of extremism, it would clearly seem, they have learnt well from their once colonial masters

According to the Irish Times today the Kurds in Syria have been pushing them back lately, and one of Libya's 'governments' has started shelling them too. Personally I support the idea of letting Islamic peoples and nations in the region resolve the problem themselves, instead of going all Western World Police on it and making the problem worse, as usual.

Provide aid, give advice, stop trying to call the shots.

+1. It simply has to be left to sort itself out on its own, and we have to accept what ever results from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

That's some, old-fashioned whataboutery right there.

Pointing the finger another problem and saying "what about these guys" does not make the initial problem go away.

If that wasn't bad enough, you pointed the finger at a problem that happened centuries ago because I can't remember the last time Christians banded together to slaughter people. It certainly not a problem today.

Another, what makes you think the poster in question is a Christian? If he's a believer in some faith or an atheist, then how is he in any way responsible for what Christians do or did? It's not his religion that committed massacres and if it was his religion, it didn't happen during his lifetime, so your argument is just plain stupid.

That's some, old-fashioned whataboutery right there.

Pointing the finger another problem and saying "what about these guys" does not make the initial problem go away.

If that wasn't bad enough, you pointed the finger at a problem that happened centuries ago because I can't remember the last time Christians banded together to slaughter people. It certainly not a problem today.

Another, what makes you think the poster in question is a Christian? If he's a believer in some faith or an atheist, then how is he in any way responsible for what Christians do or did? It's not his religion that committed massacres and if it was his religion, it didn't happen during his lifetime, so your argument is just plain stupid.

The Bosian conflict involved several so called christian factions and countries that engaged in abominable behaviour and virtual genocide , mostly against European Muslims

Its not whataboutery . the problems in the region, are a direct result of decades of Western " intervention". This has created fault lines that have never been resolved.

ISIS didn't just suddenly appear and decide to murderous and barbaric , it has its genesis in the Shia/Sunni conflict that have been exploited by the West and has fuelled the current extremism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

firstly its not our problem, and shouldn't be. Most of that regions terrible problems are as a result of colonial decisions and western interventions.

I dont in any way support the terror that ISIS promulgate , but I know you can t defeat this type of terrorism with military force. Ultimately you have to find a way to talk ( just like in NI for example)

The key thing is the west intervening just makes the problems get worse , eradicate ISIS and another appears.

I'd normally agree but it's not just terrorism. They are practically a state. They have an army.
    Normal terrorism like Al Qaeda or even the IRA can't be defeated militarily but ISIS do need to be fought with conventional military forces to take back the large swathes of land they've taken.

Grayson wrote: »
    I'd normally agree but it's not just terrorism. They are practically a state. They have an army.
    Normal terrorism like Al Qaeda or even the IRA can't be defeated militarily but ISIS do need to be fought with conventional military forces to take back the large swathes of land they've taken.

yes and what happens after that. who do you ceed control to after the west military runs over ISIS ( which it could do in a heartbeat).

Thats the issue, all that happens is ISIS #2 appears and the cycle repeats

I see . perhaps you might read certain " exploits " during the Bosnian war, or during WW2, or perhaps the Holocaust , heard of that
    [...]

the nazi holocaust did not happen in the name of the lord, and neither did ww2…and as for the trouble in bosnia, much of that was in a way a belated reaction to muslim invasions in previous centuries, or otherwise there would be no muslims there anyway…just like the crusades were in a way merely a reaction to muslim aggression and conquest…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

yes and what happens after that. who do you ceed control to after the west military runs over ISIS ( which it could do in a heartbeat).

Thats the issue, all that happens is ISIS #2 appears and the cycle repeats

And therein lies the problem. If you're going to go in guns blazing and create a power vacuum then you had better be prepared to stick around, on the ground, in numbers, and support the natives for decades afterwards while they set up a robust and lasting government. Otherwise all you've done is made day-today life worse for millions of ordinary people.

It's not enough to waltz in and say "Hurrah, we got the bad guy! But actually, building a country takes longer than we thought and the money we're spending, along with the lives we're losing aren't politically popular so... good luck? Catch ya later, suckers!"

"Oh and we can't be bothered to ship all these weapons home, so we'll just leave them right here. Nobody will touch them, right?"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Grayson wrote: »
    As somebody said once, it's impossible to defeat an army that has the support of the people. The fact is that the local must be supporting ISIS to at least some extent.

Advertisement