Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ISIS back to their old tricks again, is it coincidental that Saudi Arabia executed a few the other day as well.

It's been suggested that the video was released to deflect attention away from the fact that ISIS lost control of Ramadi recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Spies /?/

So british people who went to fight for them and probably thought when they got there. '' o ****, not what I was expecting . SO wanted to leave''
    Spies

Who were those people?

That would have been my impression.

Similar to the half dozen odd Russian "spies" executed last month.

Both countries have hundreds of their citizens there for their cause...
    I guess there are many who either are of little practical use to IS or are wavering in their commitment.

So they have been disposed of, martyred for propaganda purposes.

This is another sickening thing that they get up to!
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35260475
    An Islamic State militant carried out a public "execution" of his mother because she asked him to leave the group, activists say.
    Ali Saqr, 21, killed his mother, Lena al-Qasem, 45, outside the post office in Raqqa, Syria, eyewitnesses said.
    Raqqa has served as IS' de facto capital since the group captured the city in August 2013.
    IS does not tolerate any dissent and imposes brutal punishments, often carried out in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Philly police officer gunned down by IS militant
    http://news.sky.com/story/1619383/philadelphia-cop-shot-in-name-of-islam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

wakka12 wrote: »
    Philly police officer gunned down by IS militant
    http://news.sky.com/story/1619383/philadelphia-cop-shot-in-name-of-islam
    Archer's mother, Valerie Holliday, told The Philadelphia Inquirer her son has been hearing voices recently and that the family asked him to get help.

Same as yer man that tried to stab people over in London.

• Advertisement

The fanaticism reminds me of the Khmer Rouge, for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

ISIS, Whoever initially funded them and armed them I guess doesn't matter anymore..

They may be gradually defeated in years to come.
    BUT.
    The thing is (which I'm sure is obvious to all is) "The ideology" I can't see that going anywhere at all. In the name of their god, killing, maiming kids for stealing,
    Murdering other Sunni's and shia muslims. As for Christians its just like the initial spread of Islam in the 600's AD on wards, slaughter slaughter slaughter or pay high taxes, and its called a religion is it?

And before anyone say's ooh the crusades the crusades were terrible!! Nasty Christians!! Nah, look at history and why the crusaders went out, " To save Europe" and indeed they did.

People are starting to get pretty f*cking pissed off with this bull**** wahhabism.

I'm gonna be non "pc" in what I say next, If you want to treat women like dirt, but yet grope and sexually assault women (not just in Germany) well then F*ck off back to islam land and stay there..

Its mildly amusing that someone at sometime told the Saudi's "hey theres black gold under that there ground" Because if there was no oil there, they would still be riding camels and living in ****, plus I really don't think we would be in this bullsh*t situation now. albeit the stupid west interventions in Iraq and Libya an Syria (which is still related back to the Saudi's and their precious oil). Cocaine snorting, multiple hooker using W*NKERS when they holiday outside the sand dunes.

AHH F*ck it, I'm going for a pint.

Steve012 wrote: »
    ISIS, Whoever initially funded them and armed them I guess doesn't matter anymore..

They may be gradually defeated in years to come.
    BUT.
    The thing is (which I'm sure is obvious to all is) "The ideology" I can't see that going anywhere at all. In the name of their god, killing, maiming kids for stealing,
    Murdering other Sunni's and shia muslims............

Up to there you were grand.

Nodin wrote: »
    Up to there you were grand.

Friday evening rant Noddin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

They call them spies
    As if UK is sending young men there to join them as spies
    Not likely

While I'd obviously be wary about taking any ISIS statement at face value it isn't beyond the bounds of possibility that the British or others have inserted or tried to insert some intelligence assets into the organisation or managed to somehow recruit some existing members. They certainly did so with Republican organisations here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

http://news.sky.com/story/1619406/tourists-stabbed-at-egyptian-beach-resort
    Western tourists targeted at Egyptian beach resort.
    3 injured, 2 austrians and 1 swede

Does holidaying in Egypt these days indicate the presence of massive balls or tiny brains? Obviously there's worse places out there but personally I'd steer clear for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Funny that turned my stomach more than anything - although I think that's just hyperbole. It turned my stomach more than the last feckin thing they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

I was in Hurghada in Nov.We were debating up to the last minute on going or not.It was a nice quiet resort but there was a large army presence outside every hotel on the strip.
    Can't believe this has happened so soon after we were there but i guess it was expected at some point

I have to say I can't understand the point of going somewhere where you have to be guarded by security 24/7 like that, unless you're going to see something particularly special in that country. If you're just going to a beach resort as opposed to a more adventurous holiday getting to know the real country & its people then why just go to a similar resort in the Carribean where there isn't a terrorist threat?

I was in Hurghada in Nov.We were debating up to the last minute on going or not.It was a nice quiet resort but there was a large army presence outside every hotel on the strip.
    Can't believe this has happened so soon after we were there but i guess it was expected at some point

Given that the criteria for being targeted is - more or less - being "not us" essentially its inevitable. It might as well be a terrorist organisation composed of psychotic misanthropes. Plus every header seems to be latching on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Custardpi wrote: »
    I have to say I can't understand the point of going somewhere where you have to be guarded by security 24/7 like that, unless you're going to see something particularly special in that country. If you're just going to a beach resort as opposed to a more adventurous holiday getting to know the real country & its people then why just go to a similar resort in the Carribean where there isn't a terrorist threat?

We were representing Ireland in the World Amateur Snooker Championships and believe me it was touch and go.We got advice from the Dept of Foreign Affairs and they told us it was safe.2 of the lads pulled out last minute and i dont blame them at all.
    There was a huge publicity event from the Egyptian Tourist Board during our stay,The attacks have set their trade back 10 years and this wont help either,Pity because it was a lovely place.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Custardpi wrote: »

I know what you mean but I'd say a big reason is the price. I personally wouldn't go no matter how cheap.

My sister is in Hurghada right now, she was going to stay in the Bella Vista but thankfully stayed in a different on 15 minutes away and is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some people base their sun hunt on price alone, and as a result you might find Egypt coming in cheap at present, for obvious reasons.

People take their holiers very seriously.

The day of the shootings on the beach a few months back, the people flying out of Ireland that same day to the same country were delayed, and offered the chance of getting a full refund, and I think 2/3 of the people on the plane still decided to go on holiday.

Imagine that, you are about to fly out on your holiday, but hear that a couple of dozen Western tourists just got gunned down on the beach by a maniac with an AK47 in the country you are heading to. You are offered a full refund.......yet still will take your chances to get free beer and sun! Each to their own I suppose.

Muir wrote: »
    I know what you mean but I'd say a big reason is the price. I personally wouldn't go no matter how cheap.

My sister is in Hurghada right now, she was going to stay in the Bella Vista but thankfully stayed in a different on 15 minutes away and is safe.

Given the current climate I'd spend every waking moment looking over my shoulder - not my idea of a relaxing holiday! I'd be inclined to take a shorter break somewhere a bit safer. Until the Egyptians properly sort out the security situation (no idea how they'll manage that) I'd say a lot of people will feel the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Steve012 wrote: »
    Its mildly amusing that someone at sometime told the Saudi's "hey theres black gold under that there ground" Because if there was no oil there, they would still be riding camels and living in ****,

Reminded me of this quote from Syriana:
    You know what the business community thinks of you? They think that a hundred years ago you were living in tents out here in the desert chopping each other's heads off and that's where you'll be in another hundred years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

NEW YORK: A man claiming allegiance to the Daesh shot and seriously wounded a police officer in Philadelphia, opening fire multiple times at point-blank range with a stolen police gun before he was arrested, officials said Friday.

I hope the cops make him feel welcome down at the station.
    Him and any of his supporters should be put to death

http://gulfnews.com/news/americas/usa/daesh-sympathizer-shoots-philadelphia-cop-in-chilling-ambush-1.1650569

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

old_aussie wrote: »
    NEW YORK: A man claiming allegiance to the Daesh shot and seriously wounded a police officer in Philadelphia, opening fire multiple times at point-blank range with a stolen police gun before he was arrested, officials said Friday.

http://gulfnews.com/news/americas/usa/daesh-sympathizer-shoots-philadelphia-cop-in-chilling-ambush-1.1650569

Nope, doesnt count.
    He was a bit psycho. Apparently.

"Archer's mother, Valerie Holliday, told The Philadelphia Inquirer her son has been hearing voices recently and that the family asked him to get help. She described him as devout Muslim."

Nodin wrote: »
    The fanaticism reminds me of the Khmer Rouge, for whatever reason.

Chomsky should be along to give IS is imprimatur.

(Ultimate off topic bait- *ducks head)

Chomsky should be along to give is imprimatur.

(Ultimate off topic bait- *ducks head)

Get Thee Hence, Unclean Spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

old_aussie wrote: »

Funny he'd be claiming that though as IS have vowed to cut the tongue out of anyone using that name. It's a bit of a derogatory term, an acronym of something in Arabic.

Unless Gulfnews are just inserting Daesh for IS which a lot of news groups are wont to do over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Nope, doesnt count.
    He was a bit psycho. Apparently.

"Archer's mother, Valerie Holliday, told The Philadelphia Inquirer her son has been hearing voices recently and that the family asked him to get help. She described him as devout Muslim."

Well, to be honest, the prophets in the bible and the koran heard voices, too

Well, to be honest, the prophets in the bible and the koran heard voices, too

Careful now, next you'll be saying it's all a load of bolliks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

• Advertisement

tiger55 wrote: »

Yep, would wonder how they would fair out trying that in the UK?, The local British bulldogs would be on top of them in minutes..
    Having lived over there, those boys tolerance levels to this forced nonsense would be very limited.

I can see more of this crap happening in coming months, 1.1 million refugees entered into Germany last year, (sky news), I didn't think the figures were that high!

Advertisement