Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Or don't let them in in the first place.

And here is the base of your issues!!

The same argument were given agaonest Eastern Europeans coming into Ireland and after a few issues in the first few years.....does anyone doubt they contribute significantly to Irish life now??

Well now you know....everyday is a leaning day!!

It couldn't have come at a better time Germany needed immigrants and huge numbers needed help/safety (does anyone doubt this??)

I don't buy into the stupid conspiracy that they engineered the civil war in Syria for this as that's just not believable

So why was it being sold to the people completely differently? Why were the German people lied to about the reasons for accepting unlimited numbers? This makes the sexed up dossiers pre-Iraq war look quaint in comparison.

The economic demographic challenges Germany faces are easily solvable economically by the way and in no way urgently require +1m immigrants. Options include raising the retirement age and other means are all available to the government.

Ermagerd! Deploy the nukes!

Oh sure, be flippant about it. Reality will come to you eventually and you'll pretend all along that you were wary of immigration.

I'm sure 500 German women were equally deluding themselves before NYE that they must welcome the new arrivals and do everything they can to make them feel welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There seems to be some sort of co-ordinated takeover of Europe by Arabs/Islam alright. I don't think adherents of Islam have ever hidden this fact.

Let's be honest. They despise our culture. They despise our liberties and freedoms. They believe a woman should stay in the home. They despise secularism and possibly democracy too oddly enough, human rights, homosexuality and so on.

So why do they come here?
    Outside of fleeing a war zone they come here because of our liberties, our education system, our democracy, human rights and quite possible for the homosexuallity if they're that way inclined.. You know all the reason any reasonable person would want to move from a poorer economy to a richer economy.

Why else would people have been moving here long before extreme terrorism became a thing?

Can I ask a question, why was the poster 'Enough is Enough' banned?

Is this an attempt to silence debate? Whatever happened to Je suis Charlie?

• Advertisement

The economic demographic challenges Germany faces are easily solvable economically by the way and in no way urgently require +1m immigrants. Options include raising the retirement age and other means are all available to the government.

But politically this option was easier and what politian is going to tell an aging population to work longer and pay higher taxes when there's a situation that can be exploited to fix all this and make them look good aswell :pac:

Though they have dug themselves quiet a deep hole as its quiet a feat to integrate them at once and the situation is slightly different to ireland taking in something like 250K poles who had relatively free and easy passage in and out of the country

Germany was in somewhat of a deep recession the time all them Eastern Europe countries joined and somewhat missed the boat with immigration at the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

And here is the base of your issues!!

The same argument were given agaonest Eastern Europeans coming into Ireland and after a few issues in the first few years.....does anyone doubt they contribute significantly to Irish life now??

A problem with Polish and other Eastern European people at the start was the poor understanding of English.
    Poland has a similar culture to here the young people like to grab a drink and party at the weekend.
    Many complained this would lower wages and it did.
    However I can't blame them for coming looking for a better life.

However I don't recall a thousand strong Eastern European rape mob ever.
    I don't recall a wave of bombings and shootings.

But politically this option was easier and what politian is going to tell an aging population to work longer and pay higher taxes when there's a situation that can be exploited to fix all this and make them look good aswell :pac:

Though they have dug themselves quiet a deep hole as its quiet a feat to integrate them at once and the situation is slightly different to ireland taking in something like 250K poles who had relatively free and easy passage in and out of the country

Germany was in somewhat of a deep recession the time all them Eastern Europe countries joined and somewhat missed the boat with immigration at the time

You're essentially saying the whole 'refugee crisis' was a lie, perpetuated by the German political establishment. Thanks for admitting what many of us knew all along.

A problem with Polish and other Eastern European people at the start was the poor understanding of English.
    Poland has a similar culture to here the young people like to grab a drink and party at the weekend.
    Many complained this would lower wages and it did.
    However I can't blame them for coming looking for a better life.

Very well said. I also don't recall ever seeing gangs of Eastern European men roaming the streets at new year's eve or Paddy's day, robbing, groping and aiming fireworks at Irish women.

Completely different type of immigration among much more similar cultures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

ScumLord wrote: »
    Outside of fleeing a war zone they come here because of our liberties, our education system, our democracy, human rights and quite possible for the homosexuallity if they're that way inclined.. You know all the reason any reasonable person would want to move from a poorer economy to a richer economy.

Why else would people have been moving here long before extreme terrorism became a thing?

Mainly they come here for our wealth and hoping for crumbs from the table. I've no problem with that if they respect our laws which clearly a sizeable number do not. Or if they respect our cultural and liberal values such as you know the right of a woman to walk down the street without 20 pairs of hands pawing at her. At this stage these criminals and anyone who does that is a criminal, are exploiting our freedoms and legal systems to remain here. It seems to be the case if a migrant commits a crime in Europe you are almost guaranteed to remain here long term while the wheels of justice turn.

Democracy is a foreign concept to many of these migrants. In fact most aspects of European life are foreign to them and I doubt many will ever get their heads around it.

• Advertisement

You're essentially saying the whole 'refugee crisis' was a lie, perpetuated by the German political establishment. Thanks for admitting what many of us knew all along.

Emm I clearly didn't
    Bizarre conclusion :confused:

I said the refugee crisis (would anyone blame them for running from Isis)...was a coincidence that was exploited for long term gain by politians

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mainly they come here for our wealth and hoping for crumbs from the table. I've no problem with that
    Lol, as long as they are happy groveling at your feet taking your crumbs, to care would they want to better themselves. I suppose once they make do with your crumbs you'll start saying they're lazy and don't want to educate themselves. I think that statement highlights your contempt.
    if they respect our laws which clearly a sizeable number do not.
    There have been Muslims and Arabs living in the UK for generations. Whenever I go over to London I don't see to many Burkas, I do see people of middle east complexion behaving like every other UK citizen, dressing the same, listening to the same music and eating the same food and even drinking in bars. They all seem like law abiding citizens to me.
    of a woman to walk down the street without 20 pairs of hands pawing at her.
    I was in La Tomatina in Spain and saw the local Spanish lads ripping the clothes off women because they could hide in the crowd. What happened in Germany was disgusting but that doesn't mean we can kick down the door of a 3rd generation British Muslim, that more than likely has sent his daughter to college, blaming him for the actions of German Muslims he has never met.
    It seems to be the case if a migrant commits a crime in Europe you are almost guaranteed to remain here long term while the wheels of justice turn.
    There's probably truth to that, the government is trying to avoid intolerant mob justice. Because there's always going to be people like you who will use horrible acts like were carried out in Germany as an excuse to spread hate and as an excuse for further horrible acts to be carried out in the name of justice.

I don't recall any of these happening in ireland by forgieners either??

Is it fear of change?

(It should be said I did support the moving on of a scummy criminal Roma gang in Waterford who did many of the things you are fearful of)

But I do believe everyone should be given benefit of the doubt...you can't tar all refugees for actions of a tiny minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Nodin wrote: »
    No, there is not. Nor are all muslims Arab by the way.

~90% Arabs are Muslim though.
    Maybe his point is that they're almost synonymous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

~90% Arabs are Muslim though.
    Maybe his point is that they're almost synonymous...

....but shouldn't be, considering the majority of muslims aren't Arabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Another day, another ISIS massacre. 10 dead in Istanbul including 8 Germans and a Peruvian (what have the people of Peru done to annoy ISIS?) tourists. The Turkish tourist industry, just like the Egyptian and Tunisian tourist industries will struggle to recover from these incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

bilston wrote: »
    Another day, another ISIS massacre. 10 dead in Istanbul including 8 Germans and a Peruvian (what have the people of Peru done to annoy ISIS?) tourists. The Turkish tourist industry, just like the Egyptian and Tunisian tourist industries will struggle to recover from these incidents.

I especially feel for the Tunisians, considering that a significant portion of their economy is based on Tourism.

bilston wrote: »

They had the cheek not to be ISIS. Death penalty offence. As is seemingly everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

If I didn't know better I would think that Merkel et all have been bought and paid for by the same Billionaires that pay ISIS to cause havoc.
    It really is beginning to look like a co-ordinated effort to completely undermine Europeans and their culture and replace it with Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Isaiah wrote: »
    If I didn't know better I would think that Merkel et all have been bought and paid for by the same Billionaires that pay ISIS to cause havoc.
    It really is beginning to look like a co-ordinated effort to completely undermine Europeans and their culture and replace it with Islam.

Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Yawn.

A measured and well thought out comment.

A measured and well thought out comment.

Well "yawn" is nicer than "conspiracy theory", "bull****" and a number of other descriptions that might be fired at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Not my assertion, but it is at least half a lie: insofar that at least half of the migrants clearly aren't refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

That idea has been around for a while now. This post (and similar stuff I've been reading recently) reminds me, I really should read that book; I picked up a cheap second hand copy a couple of years ago and never got around to reading it.

Not my assertion, but it is at least half a lie: insofar that at least half of the migrants clearly aren't refugees.
    How are half of them clearly not refugees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

yes of course…has there ever been a reason to doubt that fundamental fact?

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    yes of course…has there ever been a reason to doubt that fundamental fact?
    Reality? But I'm open to persuasion based on evidence rather than vague appeals to conspiracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Reality? But I'm open to persuasion based on evidence rather than vague appeals to conspiracies.

well, reality is that a co-ordinated effort to completely undermine europeans and their culture and replace it with islam is going on right now…evidence is everywhere…what else do you need?

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    well, reality is that a co-ordinated effort to completely undermine europeans and their culture and replace it with islam is going on right now…evidence is everywhere…what else do you need?
    Actual evidence and not appeals to conspiracies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Nodin wrote: »
    ....but shouldn't be, considering the majority of muslims aren't Arabs.

That's the thing about Arabs though...

Advertisement